Northern California Babies

Baby Shoe Sizing Question...

When do babies usually start wearing Size 4? is that the smallest size available (besides the 6-12 month, etc)

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
~~ married 8.11.07
~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

Re: Baby Shoe Sizing Question...

• Target has shoes starting at size 2 for infants.

I can't remember when H was in a size 4, but he's wearing size 7 at this point (19 months) if that helps give you any indication. In his 12 month pictures we had him in size 5 converse.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yeah I have seen size 2 at Target also, also just saw some at Kohl's this afternoon. I think I bought a size 1 or 2 at BRU too, when Z was small.

Zach was wearing a size 4 at his 12 month pictures. And currently wearing a size 5. He is 18 months old...and 33" tall.

• Loading the player...
  • L is in a 4-5 right now.  

I know most places have shoes in a size 3 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! We have a family member who works for a shoe company who likes to send us shoes (can't complain) but for fall/winter planning I'm just wondering what styles and sizes to purchase. E

seems to have small feet.... I hope she is still far, far from walking, and am i weird that i've only put shoes on her 2 or 3 times?

~~ married 8.11.07
  • imageladipale:

and am i weird that i've only put shoes on her 2 or 3 times?

NO!! I couldn't get L to start wearing shoes until she started walking. Even now she would prefer to go barefoot it we let her. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekala1682:
    imageladipale:

and am i weird that i've only put shoes on her 2 or 3 times?

NO!! I couldn't get L to start wearing shoes until she started walking. Even now she would prefer to go barefoot it we let her. 

Funny, we can't get E to STOP wearing shoes!  We didn't buy any until 12 mo when daycare made us since he started having outdoor playtime (E didn't walk until he was 16 mo).  Now he gets really upset if he doesn't have shoes on.  He even makes us put shoes on him when he's wearing footed pajamas.  :-)

Anyway, E is 19 months and is wearing a size 4.  DH has pretty small feet for a guy, so DS might be taking after him! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageladipale:

Thanks! We have a family member who works for a shoe company who likes to send us shoes (can't complain) but for fall/winter planning I'm just wondering what styles and sizes to purchase. E

seems to have small feet.... I hope she is still far, far from walking, and am i weird that i've only put shoes on her 2 or 3 times?

Not weird at all...I tried to put some on J the other day and he flipped out.  Could have been that they were a bit too small but I think it's pretty normal for them to go without shoes until they really start standing and walking.  

I've been meaning to get some Robeez for J since he's pulling himself up on everything now.  He won't be able to do that in just socks come winter.   

• It's so going to wildly vary.  I know that some brands have size 1 but most of the brands I see, See Kai Run, Stride Rite ect start at size 3 for the firmer soles.

We bought Andrew his first non-soft soled shoes when he was 10 months and he was a size 5!  Cooper also started in 5's because we had them but had we not I would have waited a bit longer to move him into a more real shoe and he would have ended up in 6-7's.

A big difference for us was the fact that not only did Andrew start walking crazycakes early ( 9mon 2 days) but he was starting to walk and need good outdoor shoes right when the weather was getting crappy.  Cooper on the other hand started walking right as we were coming out of winter into spring so had we not had shoes left over from Andrew I would have been able to keep him in soft soled longer because of the nice weather.

• Atticus got his first shoes when he started walking. So by the time he was 9 months, he was already in a 5.5 wide! I agree with Julie, I would have her sized before purchasing shoes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks! Her aunt just keeps sending her shoes (she gets them for free.. she works for K.e.e.n) We already have 4 pairs of size 4 shoes for her!
    ~~ married 8.11.07
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"