Multiples
Options

8 weeks old and sleeping ALL THE TIME

I'm starting to worry a litlte bit about one of my girls.  She sleeps really well during the night - BF'd at about 8 and goes right to bed, sleeps until I wake her around 2 or 3 a.m. and goes back to sleep, wakes around 8 a.m. for the day.  I use the phrase "wakes for the day" very loosely, she is not awake much at all these days.  She eats every 3 hours, sometimes I have to wake her to eat and if I do, I let her go only until it's been 3.5 hours since she ate last.  I have to keep her and her sister on the same schedule.  So she's awake long enough to eat, most times going right back to sleep after.  She might be awake for a total of 2 hours (if even than long!) more during the day, that's in addition to being awake for like 20 minute per feeding.  I can't help but compare her to her sister who is still waking every 3 hours during the night and is awake for about an hour after almost each feeding during the day.  I worry about everything Fiona (the sleepy one) does because she's my smaller twin so I always think whatever she's doing that Anna isn't is because she's smaller therefore weaker or something.  I know, that's terrible but I can't help it!  Should I be worried??
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: 8 weeks old and sleeping ALL THE TIME

• Options
    I'd say she's fine. I remember posting quite a few times asking if my babies were sleeping "too much" and everyone said it was normal and every baby is different. My LOs, especially Piper (who's much smaller than Fletch) always slept a ton when going through a growth spurt, so that could be it. I'd give it another few days and then if you're still worried, call the pedi for reassurance.
  • Options
    I think mine are similar to that. A tends to be awake every 3ish hours and I seem to wake J most of the time to eat to keep them on the same schedule. A was smaller all along, but now weighs 1 oz. more and is a half inch shorter. The pedi didn't seem concerned at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember thinking this too, BUT it was when my girls were working their way up towards a month old. After a month they had decent wake times during the day. I know you've posed a similar thing before, honestly I'd go with your gut and at least contact your pedi. If she says totally normal then great, you'll have it easy (for now) with at least one baby! But if it were me I'd definately be talking to my pedi about it.
    Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagenatb22:
    I remember thinking this too, BUT it was when my girls were working their way up towards a month old. After a month they had decent wake times during the day. I know you've posed a similar thing before, honestly I'd go with your gut and at least contact your pedi. If she says totally normal then great, you'll have it easy (for now) with at least one baby! But if it were me I'd definately be talking to my pedi about it.

I know, I'm totally obsessed with it!  She does it in spurts.  She'll be awake a "normal" amount of time during the day for a week or so and then sleep A LOT for a while and back and forth.  Maybe I'll have to ask her pediatrician about it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Just ask your Pedi so you have peace of mine.

Mine did this too, and she was also my "smaller" twin.  I was VERY sensitive about her because she was never as strong as her sister (and is still like this now), and I would get concerned about her.  She's just a different kid though, and is still like that now.  She's the kind of kid that will wake up from a nap, and you'd never know it because she just lays there and talks quietly to herself.  My other daughter? HAH. 

As long as she's gaining weight properly, I'm sure she's doing fine, but just check with your pedi next time so you can put it out of your mind.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Babies grow when they sleep, so if she's sleeping a lot, she may be catching up on her growing.  Does eating seem to wear her out? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"