Houston Babies

Pre-registration at Methodist TMC - Confused??

After touring both St. Lukes and Methodist, we've decided to deliver at Methodist in the Texas Medical Center. I attempted to pre-register in person yesterday and I'm not sure if I got a lazy hospital worker, but he denied me... saying that I was too early and I wouldn't be able to register until 2 months before my due date (12/18 putting me at 10/18 which isn't that far away so why the wait?). At the time I thought it was strange, why wouldn't they want my information as early as possible? They're pretty much guaranteed my business especially if we get my insurance information and copay taken care of early on. I checked their website and it clearly says "prior to your 7th month of pregnancy you will want to pre-register for L&D." As of yesterday, I am 2 days shy of 29 weeks.

I know it's comparing apples and oranges, but when we toured St. Luke's they had staff on hand to register folks right after the tour. They even had financial officers to explain insurance, etc. So why the hold up, Methodist? Did I just strike out with a lazy hospital worker? I would pre-register online or on the phone but the instruction says you have to sign admissions forms in person so I thought I'd get it done before my appointment yesterday instead I wasted an hour getting there early. Ugh.

Anyone have this experience? At what stage in your pregnancy did you register with your hospital? Were you ever denied because you tried to do so too early? 

Re: Pre-registration at Methodist TMC - Confused??

• That is very strange. I would think they would be happy to have you register now! I would be irritated too.

I can't remember when I registered (one at Women's, one at St. Luke's), but no one ever mentioned that I had to do it after a particular point in pregnancy. You'd think they would make that clear if it was a set in stone rule. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you got a lazy worker - or one who didn't know anything.  I registered (at Women's) over a month ago, and I am around 32 weeks now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I registered at clear lake med center on wednesday which is was 28wks for me. and i was feeling antsy because they say they want you to register by 24 wks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I *think* I called ahead, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately I do not remember when I registered. 
  • So Frustrating. I'd just register online before you go back.

I didnt deliever at that hospital but when I registered for baby #1, I did it all online then just went by the hospital after an appt to sign the things I needed to sign.  It was nice to not have to fill a bunch of stuff out by hand. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I vote lazy or misinformed. Just do it online. You'll sign when you are actually admitted.
    - Jena
  • go on and register online.  I just walked over after one of my OB appointments and signed the actual paperwork
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"