Maryland Babies
Options

Where do/did you get your ultrasounds?

When I was pregnant with E, I went to the perinatal center at St Joe's.  My insurance covered all of them 100%.

This time, I did the same, but got a bill for a $50 copay.  I called my insurance company and they said since I went to a hospital facility and not to an independent doctor, I have a $50 copay.  The rep also said this isn't a change from last time.  But, I didn't have to pay last time. 

Anyway, I'm past the viability scan and the NT scan (which I will probably get billed for).  I only have 2 more left and I'm figuring I can go to an "independent doctor".  But, I have no idea what an "independent doctor" is. 

Any advice as to where else I can get an u/s?  I'm in Carroll County.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image

Re: Where do/did you get your ultrasounds?

• Options
    I'm wondering if "independent doctor" means, a doctor's office who will do the scans in their office. Maybe someplace like American Radiology would be covered 100% since it is not "hospital affiliated". Unfortunately, I think you might have to call the insurance and ask what it means. The definition might also be available in the handbook/guide for your insurance. Good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All of my u/s's were in-house at my RE or OB's office (viability/early ones, anatomy scan, follow up anatomy scan, growth u/s). The only one that wasn't in-house was the NT which I had done at St. Agnes and had to pay my copay for. The rest were part of my "prenatal care" and covered under that.

If your insurance/Dr is different, could you go somewhere like American Radiology or Advanced Radiology for the u/s's? I've had non-pregnancy u/s's there before.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSarahKate31:

All of my u/s's were in-house at my RE or OB's office (viability/early ones, anatomy scan, follow up anatomy scan, growth u/s). The only one that wasn't in-house was the NT which I had done at St. Agnes and had to pay my copay for. The rest were part of my "prenatal care" and covered under that.

If your insurance/Dr is different, could you go somewhere like American Radiology or Advanced Radiology for the u/s's? I've had non-pregnancy u/s's there before.

This. Last time around I had to ise American Radiology for anatomy and follow up anatomy scan. Now for the NT scan I'm actually heading to Franklin Square Hospital.

• Options
    All of mine were at St. Joe's.
  • Options

Oh my gosh, congratulations!!!

I had all of mine done at the hospital too. No co-pays.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine have been all done at St Joe.  I had to hit my deductible and then I have to pay 20% until I hit my co-insurance.  I did call my insurance company and they did say that an independent center was much cheaper than at the hospital.  
    IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All of mine (viability, anatomy, follow-up anatomy, and a fluid check) have been at the OB's office (in-house).  I did not do the NT scan, and would have had to go outside for that, and I'm pretty sure insurance would not have covered it. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had ultrasounds at American Radiology, University of MD downtown and at my doctor's office and did not have to pay a co-pay for any of them.  You need to call your insurance to find out what types of facilities are covered 100%.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageidonthavethis:

Oh my gosh, congratulations!!!

Heehee, thanks!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    I had my initial and 20 week u/s at Advanced Radiology.  They are sending me to Franklin Square Hospital for a follow-up for my 20 week since they couldn't get everything they wanted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"