Maryland Babies
Options

Where did you register?

Ok, I know this question is asked a lot but where did you register?  I know I kind of want to stay away from Target but I was thinking BRU and Amazon (since I can pull from many websites on Amazon and make a list).  Any others that I'm missing or thoughts?  Thanks!
IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where did you register?

• Options
    We used BRU and Amazon. Both worked well and had everything we needed but we had one problem with BRU. We registered for just abut everything and got most of it. However, there were items that we didn't needed until recently, like our bigger stroller, but back in December, I just blindly put a stroller on there without a ton of research. Fast-forward to a month ago, I realize that I wanted a specific stroller and didn't want the one I had gotten off the registry. BRU wouldn't take it back since I was 90 days past my due date - not even for store credit even thought it was still new in the box. Fortunately, Walmart sells the stroller and they take back anything so I was able to return it there, used the store credit for a few weeks of groceries and bought the one we wanted. Moral of the story - their return policy sucks for things that you don't realize you don't need until it's too late. Do better research than I did so you're not left with items you don't want/need. I have several things that I can't return but I'm not using. They're just not worth the hassle of trying to return like the stroller.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We did Target and BRU. We didn't have any issues w/ Target, but I can understand why you're leery of them. Amazon would be a good one if you have people who don't mind buying online (we had several who would have minded, which is why we opted for Target as our second).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Babies R Us and Target. We put a few things on Amazon, but 90% of our family/friends would NOT buy online, so that is why we opted for Target, too.

ETA: I was anti-registering at Target, but got complaints from my mom that she wanted to find stuff in the store. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

BRU and Target.  I had the same feelings as you, I really didn't want to register at Target, but surprisingly it was fine.  I had a great experience even at the return time.  There is a secret list you can pull from that may include other items purchased that weren't on your registry.  If the purchaser has them at least scan the registry it attaches to the list and makes return easier :)  I was given a TON back....lets just so much that I just used the last of the gift card and DD is 16mos old.

I actually had a horrible experience with BRU.

• Options
    We used BRU and Target. But I definitely the idea of Amazon. Have lots of fun.

• Options
    We used BRU primarily... but we had a couple things on Pottery Barn Kids as well... and I have heard good things about Diapers.com and Buy Buy Baby for registries! The only thing I didn't like with Buy Buy Baby was that there was no local (unless you are closer to the Rockville area) to return if needed. My SILs registered at Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg and loved that store too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We registered at BRU and Target. Target was good because they had some of our big things in the style/color we wanted and BRU didn't (PNP, travel system). They weren't great at updating the registry when things were purchased so I usually had to go update it myself. Now with their new (crappy) website, I'd be a little iffy on them.

I personally love the idea of Amazon because I do 95% of all my shopping online, but not everyone does so that's why we didn't do it.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

BRU and Target. We registered and Target before they switched over to their new website. Since the switch I've had some issues accessing my registry for a few days which was very annoying. They did give me a gift card and discount because of the inconvenience though which is nice.

I had originally planned to have an Amazon registry and really like the idea. But nearly every single attendee at the shower my MIL is throwing is older and/or not an online shopper (and they don't have BRU in their area so we had to also register somewhere that they had availability to) so I decided to nix that idea.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesalc21:
    We used BRU primarily... but we had a couple things on Pottery Barn Kids as well... and I have heard good things about Diapers.com and Buy Buy Baby for registries! The only thing I didn't like with Buy Buy Baby was that there was no local (unless you are closer to the Rockville area) to return if needed. My SILs registered at Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg and loved that store too.

I LOVE Buy Buy Baby too but the closest one is either Rockville or Lancaster and that doesn't work for most people.   

DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Options
    I did BRU, but be careful - you really don't need THAT much stuff and alot of it, you only use for a very short period and then it just become "junk" that you have to store. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageKathrynMD:
    I did BRU, but be careful - you really don't need THAT much stuff and alot of it, you only use for a very short period and then it just become "junk" that you have to store. 

LOL yea....  Heidi posted a wonderful site a couple months back that I'm using to help register. 

DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Options

I registered @ Target and I totally regret doing so.  

At the time I was PG w/ DD there was no BRU in Annapolis and I find that store to be totally overwhelming and full of crap that you don't need, so I didn't register there, but in hindsight I wish I had- or that I had registered at Buy Buy Baby- which I know doesn't have a store near us, but does have a good website and carries some nicer things. 

I also registered at a store called Babystyle- which had a good website and several brick & mortar stores (including one in my IL's town) but has since gone out of business.

I will be honest, I didn't get all that much stuff off our registry- the only "big" items I registered for was the infant car seat and the Bjorn.  

• Options
    I registered at Target because they seemed to have everything I wanted (items, styles, colors, etc), and on identical items they seemed to be consistently about $10-20 cheaper per large item than the other options.  Also, I have a lot of family out of town that do not have access to a BBB or BRU.  However, since Target released their new website, everything has admittedly been a nightmare.  My shower is in 2 weeks and I am freaking out a little.  There are glitches trying to add things, and I have waited on hold for over an hour trying to reach customer service to see if I can get a new part for a glider that was damaged in shipping, or if I have to just return and re-order.  If you have some time before your shower / due date, you'd probably be fine, the timing was just really terrible for me. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh and they don't have one- but if you could register @ Ikea it would be amazing. I love their kid & baby stuff.  I have a friend who did an online registry where you could register at any store that has a website- I think it was myregistry.com.  If I had to do over again I would do that and register for stuff from Ikea- like highchair, toy/diaper storage, etc. 
  • Options
    I did Target, BRU, and a super small one on Amazon. I was leery of Target because of their return policy but they actually ended up being awesome. I took in a ton of stuff without a receipt and they took it all back- no questions asked. BRU sucked at updating their registry. I got SOOOOOO many duplicates of items. While it was nice to have the store credit when we returned it, it was sort of a hassle and also lead to some awkward moments with the gift giver. We only had a few things purchased off our amazon registry and my only semi complaint is that they email you when someone buys something!! They also go as far as to tell you the billing address so you know who got it for you! I'm a dirty registry stalker so it wasn't the end of the world but it would suck of you're looking to be surprised.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options

imagecamdenfaithful:
    We only had a few things purchased off our amazon registry and my only semi complaint is that they email you when someone buys something!! They also go as far as to tell you the billing address so you know who got it for you! I'm a dirty registry stalker so it wasn't the end of the world but it would suck of you're looking to be surprised.

Oh that's weird... thanks for the heads up. 

DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Options

I registered at BRU and Target.  Haven't had any issues with Target but I created my registry after their website changed.  And added most of my stuff in store.  I also did an Amazon registry more for my own use than anyone else's since alot of my people don't do online shopping.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"