Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Are you keeping the hangers from stores?

I just took some clothes we bought for our LO off their hangers and folded them up to be washed a little later and was debating on whether or not to keep the hangers.  The OCD part of me wants all matching baby-sized hangers (nothing fancy, just basic plastic white hangers), but the hangers from BRU had the sizes on them which I thought might be kind of handy.  I know you can get size separators which would serve the same purpose. 

Anyway, nothing urgent or really all that important.  I just am having an indecisive moment and can't bring myself to toss the store hangers.  (Um, future Hoarders material?!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you keeping the hangers from stores?

• Options
    I threw all of ours out as I washed the clothes but I didn't even think of the size being on them! what a great thought for organizing! I guess the other thing you could do is buy a couple of different color hangers and designate white 0-3, blue3-6 ect....
  • Options
    I'm getting rid of them and getting matching hangers and some size dividers.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm keeping the free ones and in fact many of his clothes are hung on the wrong sized hanger. I could never bring myself to throw something away and purchase new when the functionality is the same.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Options

I give them all to my mom because she owns a baby/kids clothing store...but I guess that doesn't really help you lol.

I used the dividers in the closet but once things came off the hangers, they never really went back on, just into his drawers. I also bought packs of hangers I never used.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    I kept them all, I LOVE having the sizes already on the hangers! 
  • Options

Nope, I can't stand having random hangers in any of our closets.  As for sizing, I ordered closet dividers from Etsy and that's all I need. We have two rods in his closet (front is what he's wearing right now, back is the next size up), then I have plastic totes on the bottom of his closet for bigger sizes.  His closet is ridiculous, but when I see a good deal I can't walk away :-)

• Options

I kept them all. They were free and I actually like them better than the ones you buy in the stores.  I hang everything by outfit so I really love the outfit hangers.

As for size, I have the current size in the closet right now in view.  The future clothing is on the side.

I find those size dividers pretty useless and I consider myself pretty organized when it comes to my kids clothing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I would never throw those away, it is so convenient to be able to see the size right on the hanger, and I had to buy enough extra hangers for clothes that were given as gifts or were folded at the store rather than hanging (there are never enough hangers!)  The ones that hold the matching top and pants are awesome to keep an outfit together, too.  I know, it's like, $1 for a pack of 10, but I don't see the point of throwing out a hanger to buy another hanger.  When I pack away sizes that he's grown out of, I throw the sized hangers in the tote along with the clothes that size for future use.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I recycled ours - since they were one of the numbered plastics we can recycle here.  I didn't like the store hangers.  We got kid-sized hangers...mainly from a friend whose kid is too old for that size.  They don't all match, though.

I did decide to do a JBF consignment sale, and needed hangers for my own stuff.  I was sad to not have those hangers, and had to buy some from Target. 

• Options

imageGoldenPeaches:
    I'm keeping the free ones and in fact many of his clothes are hung on the wrong sized hanger. I could never bring myself to throw something away and purchase new when the functionality is the same.

Ditto! I just make sure to keep her clothes organized and hang them chronologically.

• Options
    I'm getting those "velvet flocked" child sized hangers and separate size dividers instead b/c I live and die by my Huggable Hangers! I've had them for almost 6yrs and I love them, my clothes don't fall off, everything hangs nice and neat, and they have almost tripled my storage capacity. BRU has some really nice ones. If you're concerned about space, I highly recommend these!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I leave them at the store before I leave.  The few that made it into my house got recycled.  Some children's consignment stores will take them.
  • Options
    imageLittleApple:

I kept them all. They were free and I actually like them better than the ones you buy in the stores.  I hang everything by outfit so I really love the outfit hangers.

As for size, I have the current size in the closet right now in view.  The future clothing is on the side.

I find those size dividers pretty useless and I consider myself pretty organized when it comes to my kids clothing.

Agree 100%, I bought a ton of hangers and find myself using the store ones because they have the size...I'd keep them, you can always get rid of them later if you decide you want all matching hangers.

BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageGoldenPeaches:

This! I did buy some hangers because I needed extra but I still keep the store ones too. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Options
    I kept them and mix up the sizes on the hangers and the sizes of the clothes. It doesn't really matter anyway, since DD wears lots of different sizes (anywhere from 3-6 mos. to 12 mos. sizes!). Stuff that fits now is where I can get to it, stuff that doesn't fit yet is off to the side, and as soon as she outgrows something, it goes in a plastic tote to be stored away later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yes, but we'll use them when it comes time to sell the clothes at a consignment sale. for the closet, i can't stand to have mismatched hangers.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"