Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

1st period post MC (Ticker warning)

I am new here and had my MC four weeks ago.  I got my period today and am wondering if it is supposed to be so heavy.  I did not have the D&C - I chose to do it at home.  Any insight would be great.  Thanks ladies.

Re: 1st period post MC (Ticker warning)

• Options
    I haven't crossed that bridge yet, but other posts I've read say it can be pretty heavy. If you're soaking a pad an hour, go to the ER or call your Dr if you feel comfortable doing that instead.
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • Options
    It can be heavier than normal.  If it's extremely heavy I would call your doctor.  That's a good sign that you got it 4 weeks after your m/c.  Your body should be getting back on track.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I miscarried at 4 weeks three years ago.. and my first period was heavy.  I lost my baby girl at 19 weeks this time around and I'm just now 4 weeks out so I don't yet have my period but they warned me that it would most likely be heavy.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad you posted that... I hadn't heard that before, and my first period after the mc started Thursday evening and I was concerned about how heavy it was. Obviously its been a few days so its slowed down, but I'm glad to know it wasn't anything abnormal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"