Pregnant after IF
Options

I guess this is my new home for now

Hi everyone. I kinda just got chased off the IF board for posting my betas. I honestly didn't realize that was not OK. Apparently if my betas are good, I should immediately move to this board? Arrrrgh, I hate causing conflict.

Anyway, I had my ER on 9/12, and a 5 day transfer of 2 blasts on 9/17. My first beta (15dp5dt) was 201. Second beta (17dp5dt) was 361. Third beta (today--18dp5dt) was 522 and my progesterone was 289. I don't know much about progesterone levels...this is the first time they've given me that number.

I'm excited but so nervous, apprehensive, scared, worried, etc. So early...anything could go wrong. I've only told my parents, DH's parents, and my grandmother because they all knew about the IVF, but I'm afraid to tell anyone else. I don't really know what to feel or how to get through the next several weeks! Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Me: 31, ready to rumble
DH: 33, severe male factor infertility

IVF/ICSI #1 (September 2011)
ER: 9/12 (15 follies, 12 mature eggs, 10 fertilized with ICSI)
ET: 9/17 (2 blasts: 4AA & 3AA)
*4 popsicle blasts* :-)
HPT says BFP: 9/23
Diagnosed w/ OHSS: 9/27
Beta #1: 9/27 (201)
Beta #2: 9/29 (361)
Beta #3: 9/30 (522)
Beta #4: 10/3

Re: I guess this is my new home for now

• Options
    Congratulations! I know what you mean...it is still early and many things could go wrong...but maybe they won't! We decided that we were going to try to not worry about what could go wrong until something actually started going wrong. So far, so good!
    My RE wanted the progesterone level at least at a 20 or higher. Mine was only checked about 6 days after the transfer and it was 209. I am still doing the PiO shots, but luckily I get to do the last one October 21 (you better believe I am counting down!)
    For your betas they need to have a doubling time between 48 to 72 hours, so I think that you fall in this. However, I'm not quite sure how to figure out what your specific doubling time is. Do any of you ladies know how to figure it out?
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Just so you know, the reason you were chased off the other board was not because you can't post there if you get a positive outcome, it is because you hadn't really developed a relationship with anyone on that board and then you announced your pregnancy.  It happens a lot on that board and it is very irritating to all members of that board.  If you had been a regular poster on the board, posted about your cycle and supported others, your results would have been positively received.

I saw your post over there, and just chose not to respond, but since you are coming over hear now and saying they chased you off, I am going to say something.

Also, the majority of people on this board were once on that board, so I would watch what you say of the ladies that are still over there, we tend to defend one another....

Our Blog - http://thedittemores.blogspot.com/
    Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
    2/2011 - Confirmed no improvement - On to Donor Sperm
    4 failed IUIs in 2010
    IUI#5 and 6- with DS, BFN
    Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
    Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    congrats! we are severe MFI too.
    Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats & welcome!
    3/09 off BCP TTC 6/09 DX PCOS 9/09, endometriosis, bicornuate uterus DH- All #'s are above normal! 1500 mg Metformin 6 rounds of Clomid + HCG trigger- All BFN 8/10 IUI #1 Gonal F + Ovidrel BFN 9/10 On a much needed break 10/10 Laparoscopy 11/10- 6/11 IUI #2-4 Gonal F, Ovidrel, and progesterone, produced 4-8 follies each cycle, all BFN 8/11 IVF #1 R-20, M-17, F W/ICSI 2 :( 3dt of a 4 cell and 7 cell BFP!!!! BETA #1 115, #2 488, #3 2900 -SAIFAW- PAIFAW- Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congrats!  H&H 9mos!  PP was correct when she said the beta doubling time is 48 hours.  Not to dwell on it, but meg was correct in what she posted.

We all here can understand your feelings.  All I can suggest is to make the following your mantra for the next 9 mos, "Today I am pregnant!  Today I love my baby!"  Say it whenever you start to feel nervous, apprehensive, scared, worried, etc.  Eventually you will say it less and less, and you will begin to grasp how real it all is.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    Congrats and welcome :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemeg_koole:

Just so you know, the reason you were chased off the other board was not because you can't post there if you get a positive outcome, it is because you hadn't really developed a relationship with anyone on that board and then you announced your pregnancy.  It happens a lot on that board and it is very irritating to all members of that board.  If you had been a regular poster on the board, posted about your cycle and supported others, your results would have been positively received.

I saw your post over there, and just chose not to respond, but since you are coming over hear now and saying they chased you off, I am going to say something.

Also, the majority of people on this board were once on that board, so I would watch what you say of the ladies that are still over there, we tend to defend one another....

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemeg_koole:

Just so you know, the reason you were chased off the other board was not because you can't post there if you get a positive outcome, it is because you hadn't really developed a relationship with anyone on that board and then you announced your pregnancy. It happens a lot on that board and it is very irritating to all members of that board. If you had been a regular poster on the board, posted about your cycle and supported others, your results would have been positively received.

I get it. I know people on this board often migrate over here from IF, too. I'm not badmouthing anyone. It's just that everyone has to start somewhere...was my mistake starting to post at the beginning of my first IVF cycle? It's tough to develop relationships with other posters in a matter of a couple of weeks. And I honestly don't feel like I'm "announcing" a pregnancy. This is what I'm talking about...I feel it's too premature. I want to be happy, I want to celebrate, but I am too spooked by all the things that could go wrong before it's "real". I guess I thought others could relate. I really hate causing conflict or controversy...I wasn't trying to be a b*tch. I was just looking for the same kind of support and encouragement it seems that many other people get on there. I didn't realize there was a "club" I had to work my way into before that would be acceptable. Again, not sure what I could have done. Started posting before our first trip to the RE back in June? I'm not really being facetious. I didn't know about The Bump until I started posting...that's when I found it.

• Options
    imageMyHusbandMyHero:
    congrats! we are severe MFI too.

Congrats to you, too! Yay, another military spouse! My DH is active-duty Army. Is your DH still in? Not trying to be nosy...it's just that my DH is currently stationed at West Point and I know it's one of the posts that has a program for wounded warriors (often amputees) to get back to AD. Whatever he's doing now, I hope your DH is doing great. :-)

ETA: We were told that IVF w/ ICSI was our only option, too. What an emotional rollercoaster THAT was. Totally wasn't expecting it.

• Options
    The same thing happened to me. I didn't feel pregnant, I felt like I was still cycling, my betas were good. I was very worried, I feel stupid looking back, it was 1500 12 days after 5 day transfer. Then it was 7,500 17 days past 5 day transfer. Then they wanted yet another beta, I was scared to death. I'm 14 weeks now, im still scared. For different reasons. I didn't realize you weren't allowed more than one beta on that board, or that you had to be a long time poster. I also found the bump while cycling. I'm on another site, it's much busier, high volume, you don't have to build relationships, be a long time poster, just find a board you feel like and post. It's fast moving. There is some drama, I'm thick skinned. I got some nasty responses on the bump, oh well. Good luck with the next beta.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"