Alabama Babies
Options

Why does everyone think their name is what my baby is going to be called?

My son's father's sister started calling my baby "Kordyn," which I hate. I have voiced this to all of his family that like the name, but they insist on still calling him that lame name. I'm trying not to hurt anyone's feelings and I DID ask them to CONTRIBUTE their ideas, BUT me and his Dad will have the final say-so. Having said that, will my baby respond to that name instead of what his name is really going to be. Besides, that I'm very sensitive, of course, but it's really getting on my nerves. HELP...

Re: Why does everyone think their name is what my baby is going to be called?

• Options

For a while my grandmothers and my great aunt were having the best time "helping" me come up with names. My greatgrandmother is dead set on Maggie Mae and refuses to accept the name we have chosen. I don't dare say anything negative about it b/c 1.) her name is Maggie and Maggie Mae is what my greatgrandfather used to call her...I think its way for her to hold on to that memory of him, and 2.) she's 87 years old and there is just no point in changing her mind. I know this is different than your situation but my mom dealt with exact same thing when she was pregnant with my older brother.

My dad's mom wanted him to be named Wayne so bad and so she and her entire side of the family began referring to him as Wayne. I think my mom even received gifts/cards addressed to baby Wayne. They called him that all the way up until he was delivered and then finally realized that his name was not going to be any version of Wayne when they read Randy on the birth certificate!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got so annoyed after we found out we were having a girl because I would get constant texts all day "what about..." I love my friends and family but i had to say back off!! After 2 months of people telling me what to name our baby I was pissed and then my husbands best friends wife was trying to convince him to get me to change our daughters middle name from lu (my middle name and my grandmothers) to lee her husbands middle name. She also told my husband that it was selfish of me to choose my middle name as hers but my hb was the one who picked it. What a b!@#h !!!! His mom also was so stuck on naming her Madyson that she thought for months that was her name when we clearly told her Addyson and she didn't realize until she visited that the name we had on the wall was not Madyson haha. Why are people so annoying when it comes to baby names?? I will never give any suggestions or try and force my name on someone!!! In my opinion just tell them thats nice but we picked our own name its our child. I don't know how far along you are but if the hormones haven't kicked in like they have for me wait for them because all it took was one hormonal bad day to set everyone straight
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MIL, before my H and I were even ENGAGED, asked me if I would name our daughter after her.  Um, no, I don't think so. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"