3rd Trimester

so unprepared...small freak out

i feel like i'm so unprepared for this baby. i've only got like a month left and we still don't have the nursery done...or a full name for the baby picked out. i'm freaking out! my husband keeps telling me that it's going to be fine, but i'm still not so sure. i can't get him motivated to start anything right now. for some reason he doesn't see that we're in a time crunch.  how is it that i let all this time go by and didn't get some of the major things done?

sorry for the freak out. it just helps to get it out and not go off on my husband :) i'm sure it will all work out in the end....contractor is coming tomorrow to kick start the nursery. next on the list, baby names any ideas for a middle name for Archer?

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so unprepared...small freak out

• I definitely understand the sensation. I think I posted the same thing 2 weeks ago! You'll make it mama. We all have our freak outs.

Middle names that sound good to me at the moment:

Archer Davis
    Archer Allen
    Archer Daniel
    Archer Xavier (that is a little special snowflake one lol)
    Archer Alexander
    Archer Luciander

Those are just off the top of my head. :)

• thanks, i'm sure i'll be ok. it's good to know other people have felt this way too. i either want to get mad at my husband or just start crying. i hope the weekend will make it all better
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat! I have a little over 4 weeks to go, and although we do have a name, we don't have anything else done. We have a 3 yr old who is moving to a bigger bedroom, and it's still under construction. So that means that the baby's room (current rm of 3 yr old) is not done. My husband is our "contractor"- and he is trying so hard to get it all done. We are both starting to freak a bit! I haven't even bought diapers for the baby! Poor little guy!

It will all come together- and it's good to have a place like this to vent! Good luck with everything!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Where there is a will, there is a way~ And we Definitely have our ways in making it work. Literally, we are now getting everything that we need for our LO. And my Dr said she could come at any point this month (hoping she sticks to the middle/end of the month though)!

What matters Most is that you have the essentials to bring your LO home. Even if you don't have every stitch of details done. I'd rather have a bed ready than, say, a play spot for months down the road. Or diapers, wipes and essential bottom creams/powder before a lovely changing station. And so forth.

You'll be able to do it! Just focus on the top priorities first (those get done a lot faster Anyway) and work your way down to the fun/bonus stuff. Even if your s/o seems less worried, at least there's a form of reassurance and confidence from him that it Will be done. Focus on that, it might help you feel a little less stressed (: (that's how I'm trying to do it anyway lol)

BabyFetus Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Archer Thomas

Archer Blake

Archer Lucas

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • I like Archer Davis.... :)

I am totally not ready... I have 8 weeks left, but starting to freak myself....  My husband broke the dresser when putting it together so I am trying to order replacement parts, but the company hasn't returned my calls or emails... I am think I have to go buy a brand new dresser if they don't contact me soon!  ahhhhhh.....

You will get it all done or at least the really important stuff anyway!  :)

• I was sure the nursery would not be done...but it is, for the most part (just needs base trim and a built-in cabinet that can be done later). And the rest of the house is almost there too. just in the nick of time I think. I was in your boat for the last several months. We remodeled most of our house and DH didn't even start it until July. And with his other job he only had 2 days a week to work on it. We're going to make, I'm sure you will too, but every one of us needs to freak out a little.Wink
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your husband is right. Everything will work out just fine. You definitely have the right to freak out though, just remember that the baby will come and whether or not the nursery is done, he will still be able to sleep.

I like Archer Davis & Archer Daniel. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 37 weeks today and it wasn't until a few weeks ago that we really started to get moving on the nursery. MH was also in the mindset that there was plenty of time. All I had to do was tell him that the baby could come early, say around the 37/38 week mark instead of the full 40 weeks- which meant we only had about 3 weeks to finish getting ready. That put things into perspective for him and kicked him into high gear. We still have a lot on the to do list, but I feel at least 50% more ready now than I did 3 weeks ago.
  • I'm sure when you deliver if everything is not all together, then your DH will freak out and have several people over to do what must be done before you get home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Honestly - we had the nursery done early, but if we were slacking on it, the only things I'd be pressed to finish with a month+ to spare would be painting, and offgassing the mattress - just unwrapping it and letting it breathe for a while.

Everything else can wait, really.  My son didn't even use his crib till he was almost 12 weeks old.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • You're not the only unprepared one. My shower was yesterday so the house looks like BRU threw up in the living room, DH fell asleep while attempting to put the crib together, I still have a lot of last minute items to pick up and oh yeah we are also in the process of moving! I haven't hit freak out/ panic mode yet because I'm just crossing my fingers that everything will get done in time.

Oh and we don't have a middle name either.

GL, try not to stress out too much. I'm sure everything will work out Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"