Attachment Parenting
Options

Anyone ever dyed a Maya Wrap?

I have a denim-y blue MW and I get a lot of comments about LO along the lines of "he's a cute little feller!"  Problem is...she's a girl.  I pretty much hate the color and I'd love to dye it something a little more girly.  Maybe even tie dye...anyone ever attempted this?  Any advice?  :-)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone ever dyed a Maya Wrap?

• Options
    The most important tip when dying a wrap is to use fiber reactive dye so there's no chance of baby ingesting the dye. fiber reactive dyes permanently bond with your fabric and will not bleed. The most popular brand is Dharma Procion Fiber reactive dye, available from the Dharma Trading company. You will need to purchase Soda ash to set this dye. Dylon is a more widely available fiber reactive dye, and is available at fabric stores, the colors aren't as vibrant, but the soda ash is in the dye packet, so it's easier to use. Whatever you do, please do not use a grocery store dye like RIT, these dyes are not safe for baby items, especially ones that might end up in baby's mouth (like the edge of your wrap). There are also a lot threads about dyeing wraps on TBW. good Luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My iPad always kills my formatting. No paragraph breaks for some reason. :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think that Waterfly comes here fairly often and she knows A LOT about dying. 

FWIW, people used to always assume my DD a boy when she was little...even in girl-colored wraps.  They couldn't see her clothes and I didn't consistently bother with barrettes when she was that small.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"