2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone else have major pelvic pain???

About 2 weeks ago I started having this sore like sprained feeling in my groin area. It feels like something smashed my pubic bone! My doctor is not worried and said it will get worse further into the pregnancy, that things are loosening and preping for baby to come. I must say it is torture, hurts to walk and even lift my feet off the ground. Just wondering if any 2nd time moms had this? Or if you are a first time mom like myself, are you experiencing anything like what I'm talking about? Thanks ladies!

Bebe Mama imageMyspace Graphics
Myspace Graphics, Birthstones Graphics at WishAFriend.com baby

Re: Anyone else have major pelvic pain???

• Options
    I have had off and on groin pain for the past two weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have pain on and off, but i wouldn't describe it as major.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My hips spread at 16 weeks with my first and second.  The pain (esp after I run) is like I've been riding a horse for 2 weeks straight with no previous experience. 

It's normal and it takes a while to go away after the birth.  Even then I still got twinges.  It's super fun.  

• Options
    imagelimeallure:

About 2 weeks ago I started having this sore like sprained feeling in my groin area. It feels like something smashed my pubic bone! My doctor is not worried and said it will get worse further into the pregnancy, that things are loosening and preping for baby to come. I must say it is torture, hurts to walk and even lift my feet off the ground. Just wondering if any 2nd time moms had this? Or if you are a first time mom like myself, are you experiencing anything like what I'm talking about? Thanks ladies!

Absolutely! This is my second and I never had this pain with my first. At my last appointment, my doctor told me there were two options. 1. Sleep in a recliner at night to take pressure of bone. 2. Buy one of those belts, but he said he doesn't vouch for them and only heard negative things. So basically he said, there is nothing we can do about it. (I know I can't sleep in a recliner)

So I just deal with the pain. Even though when I get up, I look like a 90 year old woman who lost her cane.

I literally feel your pain. Crying I am only 22 weeks and have had it  since about 12!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Haha, I know right? I do feel like an old lady! It's still well worth it, can't wait for my little bundle of joy.
    Bebe Mama imageMyspace Graphics
    Myspace Graphics, Birthstones Graphics at WishAFriend.com baby
  • Options
    Yup, hurts to lift a leg off the ground even and forget about crossing my legs when I am sitting. This is my 3rd and it seems like every time it has gotten worse and started earlier in the pregnancy.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm right there with ya! It hurts, but I have other complaints that seem worse than the hip/groin pain. lol. I'm exactly 26 weeks today, and I would say it probably started about 5 weeks ago. Dr. just said it was good, old fashioned, stretching! This is my first pregnancy, so I assume I have to make room for this watermelon to come out! 

I've found some comfort in putting a pillow under my knee, and elevating my hip, bc it's only on one side.. I probably couldn't walk otherwise. lol. Also, at night I have a pillow between my legs, and one in between my feet. Seem's to help, SOMEWHAT. 

Good luck!  

• Options
    My pelvic pain/soreness started right about 25 weeks.  It is definitely worse on days were I am very active.  If I take it easy, I don't have as much soreness.
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • Options
    I had it for a couple of days, it didnt really go away but its less severe. I called my doctor and they werent concerned, just simiply said its probly growing pains bc there are alot of muscles in that area. I feel for you girl, not fun. I drank lots of water, and stopped all physical activity. Good luck.
  • Options
    My pain is on in the left leg/hip area, but its more like the groin area too.  This is #3 for us and I didn't have this pain until I got a lot bigger (i had two twin pregnancies previously).  I asked my doctor too since it seemed so early for these types of pain.  Nothing I can do unfortunately.  I hurt when I walk and sit for a long time.  I just cant find comfort.  Not looking forward to another 6 months of this pain...oh well, the end result is worth all the pain and discomforts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Yes! I had it as well and asked my doc about it. Read this, it will explain!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphysis_pubis_dysfunction

• Options
    I've been having this for about a week straight and it is HORRIBLE!  I had hip surgery in Feb and my hips already cant take the pregnancy.  I have no idea what I'm gonna do when I'm further along!
  • Options
    imageMommaSays:

So I just deal with the pain. Even though when I get up, I look like a 90 year old woman who lost her cane.

This exactly!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagenelson117:

If you do have this (which I did in my first pregnancy) I found a way to fix it and not be constantly in pain. My OB didn't know a dang thing about fixing it, but I went to physical therapy and they showed me how to re-align my pelvis which would totally fix everything. The horrid belts don't really do anything, in my opinion, unless you've gotten realigned. Then they hold your pelvis in place so hopefully you can stay aligned and without pain. I hope you don't have this, but I wish someone had told me this when it first happened to me. Good luck.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLittlesven:
    imagenelson117:

If you do have this (which I did in my first pregnancy) I found a way to fix it and not be constantly in pain. My OB didn't know a dang thing about fixing it, but I went to physical therapy and they showed me how to re-align my pelvis which would totally fix everything. The horrid belts don't really do anything, in my opinion, unless you've gotten realigned. Then they hold your pelvis in place so hopefully you can stay aligned and without pain. I hope you don't have this, but I wish someone had told me this when it first happened to me. Good luck.

I actually just thought about going to physical therapy the other day. So, it did defiantly help you? The SPD causes my already bad back (compression fractures) to hurt even worse. I'd love to find a solution, other than sucking it up! lol.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"