St. Louis Babies

Need Opinions?

i am 13 weeks pregnant & due closer to the end of march. i currently see my ob at slucare but not sure i want to stick with her bc she only delivers at st. marys & i dont really want to deliver there. i am wanting to switch my ob to one that my friend suggested and she delivers at st. clare in fenton. i would like different opinions on which hospital is good & if anyone has delivered at either one. im really leaning towards st. clare. ill take any suggestions to help my decision.

Re: Need Opinions?

• I plan on delivering at St. Clare.  I've only known a few ladies who have delivered there, but they were all very happy with their experiences. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We plan on delivering at St. Clare as well. Just took a tour of the L&D floor and it was great- great atmosphere, absolutely beautiful, large rooms! You can call the same day to get a tour- no appt needed.

Our dr. is Dr. Konkol. She delievers at St. Mary's, St. Clare, and MOBAP I believe. She is great!

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Dr. Konkol WAS my OB for 10 years before I got pregnant and then I had to switch because of how she was treating me at appointments. I can not recommend her anymore for how she talked to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Dr. Konkol is actually the doctor that I planned on switching to so that I could deliver at St. Clare. I looked online & the rooms there look really nice compared to the others owned by SSM. She was my friends OB and she said she was a good doctor. But I have read some reviews & there were some people not so happy with her. Im kind of stuck in a bind.
  • I really liked her until I got pregnant (I was with her 10 years) and I just didn't think she treated me well and the things she said to me were not right. I left more than one appointment in tears. Do you HAVE to deliver at St. Clares? Would you be open to other OB recommendations? My new OB is amazing and I am sooo happy I switched to him when I was 17 weeks pregnant. I had a few things come up during my pregnancy and he was great. I cannot imagine how Konkol would have delt with them or me. Let me know if you would like his info.
  • No I dont have to deliver at St. Clare. I just llike their room setup & how big it is. But yes I could use any info that anyone has. I know im only 13 weeks but the sooner I get situated with a doctor the better.
  • I've read some other comments about Dr. Konkol similar to what some of you ladies are saying. She does seem to have a different sense of humor and a bit of a blunt personality. She hasn't made me cry yet- lol- I hope it stays that way!! ;) Yikes!!
  • I've read some other comments about Dr. Konkol similar to what some of you ladies are saying. She does seem to have a different sense of humor and a bit of a blunt personality. She hasn't made me cry yet- lol- I hope it stays that way!! ;) Yikes!!
    I was with Dr. Konkol for 10 years before I got pregnant so I was quite familiar with her personality and sense of humor. What I couldn't get past was the way she would talk down to me and answer my questions like I dumb for asking them. I'm sure she gets asked the same question a lot....its her job...she was just not making my appointments fun. I now go to Dr. Timothy Philpott with Women's Care Consultants. The office is located at Missouri Baptist. He is wonderful. He always made me feel comfortable and answered all of my questions. The staff is great too. I can't paste the link but you can look him up at stlwomenscareconsultants.com
  • I see Dr. Daniel Baumann at SSM Women's Center at Crossroads (3555 Sunset Office Drive, Ste 107, Sunset Hills, MO 63127) 314-238-9000

I've been with another Dr. at his practice for 19 yrs as my OBGYN, but that particular Dr. is not going to deliver babies anymore after Oct. so I had to switch at 14w.  There are 4 other Drs there and I'm pretty sure they all deliver at St. Clare (among other hospitals).  I like the office staff there and have been happy with my visits.

• I just delivered at St. Clare on September 16th, and was really happy with the care that I received there.  I would definitely recommend it.  My OB is Frank Patrick, who is out of St. Anthony's but can deliver at five different hospitals, St. Clare being one of them.  I cannot think of one negative thing to say about the entire labor, delivery or recovery experience that I had there, and I really liked my OB as well.

• You are in St. Louis, where the majority of the hospitals do a great job with Labor & Delivery.  I personally went to St. John and was very happy (as were most of my friends).  I have also had friends who went to Missouri Baptist and St. Lukes and all were equally as happy.   I would suggest going to vitals.com and look at suggested OBs before changing. 
  • I delivered my twins at St. Clare and I loved most of the nurses (especially the Ashley's, there are 2 of them).  There was 1 nurse that I didn't care for (older, short curly hair and smelled like a weird soap).  My OB is Dr. Daniel McDonald and he is absolutely wonderful.  I've been fortunate enough that he's been the one to deliver both of my pregnancies.  He's cautious and conservative but definitely not an alarmist (which is one of the things I love).  There are 4 docs in the practice, McDonald, Hartman, Levy, and Meyer.  Dr. Meyer is the only female in the practice, she's young but still seems very knowledgeable, I saw her a few times during my twin pg because my OB was called away at a delivery during a few of my appts.  They don't require you to see any OB other than yours, but you can request to see others, if you don't want to see others you can reschedule your appt if something happened and yours was called away.  I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Levy's or Dr. Hartman's, but I don't know them well enough to say that I don't like them, I've only had 1 appt with Dr. Levy (and that was just a mini-appt the day we found out there was more than 1 baby), and Dr. Hartman has very short fingers (lets just say that his internals were less than pleasant, more so than with McDonald). 

Metropolitan OB/GYN
    816 South Kirkwood Road Suite 100
    Saint Louis, MO 63122

Phone:

(314) 686-4990 

ETA:  The docs in the practice deliver at St. Clare and MoBap.

• I was also a patient at SLU Care, I was high risk because I am a diabetic. I loved my high risk ob, Dr. Mostello, and we had no issue with delivering at St. Mary's. My care was fantastic. While delivering DS I had a fever so as soon as he was born they put both of us on antibiotics which was so amazing because DS ended up having a staff infection and had to go to the NICU for 10 days. Their decision to give him antibiotics not only kept him from every really getting sick it also saved us from being in the NICU for 21 days. 

Also I have to say that the food was pretty darn good! We became very familiar with the cafeteria while DS was there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"