New York Babies

Children's Corner Learning Ctr in White Plains?

edited July 2021 in New York Babies
Anyone here of or use this daycare that can recommend it?  Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Children's Corner Learning Ctr in White Plains?

• Sorry for responding so late...

I visited this facility and did not care for it.  The woman that showed me around was very nice, but that is about where my likeness for the center ends.

They have a security system where you can call the front desk to have them unlock the door (or possibly you can put in a code or something, but I'm not sure since I was just coming to look).  I didn't need to call the front desk because the door was open anyway.  Also, the feel of the place was very institutional to me.. concrete walls, not much on the walls (pictures, drawings, bulletin boards).  I was visiting the infant rooms, and when I was there all the babies were just sitting in bouncers lined up in a row... there was no toys for them, no stimulation besides the bouncers, swings, or jumperoo (I think I remember seeing one).  I also didn't like that to be a "head teacher" you just have to have a couple of classes in education and "promise" to go towards your degree.  Oh, and lastly, they only take the babies outside if they can sit up, so they can be strapped into this buggy thing.  I REALLY didn't like that- my LO likes to go out and enjoy the fresh air... and I think it's crappy to have not let her out because she couldn't be strapped in.  I'm all for safety and not having too much going on at once, but these places have assistants that can take a couple of babies out at a time and put down a nice blanket.

Anyway, not sure if I'm too late in your decision process, but I was not a fan.  I don't know where you live or what type of facility you are looking for, but I really like a group daycare in Hartsdale called "Our House Day Care".  This is where I would've ended up putting DD, but we ended up moving up the line to Putnam County.

HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with the previous response...they were very nice but I just didn't like the overall feel of the place...try Bright Horizons at Timberidge (in armonk)...it is a little bit out of the way if you are looking for a place near White Plains, but I think they are wonderful so the extra time to get there doesn't bother me...they also have one in white plains but i haven't been to that one and there was a really long wait list...you can always be put on the wait list for Bright Horizons in White Plains and go to Armonk and then move there once a spot opens up
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my son in Children's Corner for about a year. We really didnt like it and ended up taking him out. The director at the time wasnt good and never really addressed the multiple problems we brought up to her. Some of the teachers were good, but some of them were absolutely horrible- i.e., yelling at 1 year olds for climbing, etc. while I was in the room. My son also got hurt there several times- and they could never really explain how it happened, which led me to believe they werent watching him closely. We now go to Little Years in Hawthorne- We love it there! the teachers are great and so is the director!
  • I haven't checked responses to this post until now- thanks for the info....we actually found daycare, my mom's retiring!! We're really excited.  Btw, I loved Timberidge in Armonk!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"