Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleepy baby after circumcision

DS was just circumcised this afternoon, and while I expected him to be up and fussy, so far he has only slept. I had to wake him up to feed/change him, but then he knocked right back out. How did your LO react to the procedure, and should I expect a night of hell ahead of us then?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleepy baby after circumcision

• Our LO was soooooo sleepy post circumcision I couldn't keep him awake to eat.  He ended up losing weight by his appointment the next day, but then gained 2 ounces 2 days later.  He also had a complication with the circumcision (blood clot formed at the wound site) which also healed fine -- all in all he was sleepy and grumpy when he got changed for a few days, but was otherwise a great baby.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yup DS was so sleepy after his...the nurse said to expect him to be very sleepy. We took advantage of it and got some rest ourselves LoL

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• Loading the player...
  • My LO was very sleepy for about 24 hrs m did not nurse that often or well. Totally normal.  your nite will be fine

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ds got his circ the day after he was born, he slept a solid 9 hours afterward. The nurse told us it's normal and not to bother him, just let him sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I heard that this is very normal for them. Our Dr prefers to wait until the 2 week checkup so it doesn't interfere with their feeding the first few days. I hate to say it but she told us that he would be sleepy and probably sleep most of the day and I was actually looking a little forward to the time to sleep or catch up on laundry, but the procedure was right around when he started a growth spurt and he was wide awake and ready for food right on schedule. Smile 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"