January 2011 Moms

H got invited to a diaper party...

I think this can be done the rght way, to some extent, and its very accepted round here. My sisters husband had one, he did all he beer, bbq, and they played cards all night. My sister ended up with almost a years supply in diapers, and everyone had a great time.

The invite H got in the mail today is for one, and it says "BYOB,  Bring Pampers, and be ready to play poker. All winnings go into a  piggy bank for the baby"

LOL, ive had a long day...and this is rubbing me the wrong way.   It just seems over the top greedy, when I am already sending a shower gift. Its one thing to spend 10 bucks on a package of diapers and go have all the food you can eat, and drinks and games. But this....*sigh* I dnt think H should go. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: H got invited to a diaper party...

• I think that's a little... um... uncool. I thought it was an understood rule that if people are bringing you gifts you pay for the food and drinks, at the LEAST. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Um, WTF? 

So you spend money on booze, money on pampers, then you pay money to gamble that you don't get to keep? I don't think so.

Hey, at least they supply the deck of cards!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Honestly, I would decline saying you have a prior commitment. First of all, why did she  specify Pampers brand? What if you want to take a different brand? And then seriously... all the money goes to the baby?? UGHH I feel bad for the kid.

I have heard of bring a six pack and a pack of diapers but not donate to my kid because I am shady.

• imageMrsLynnyD:

Um, WTF? 

So you spend money on booze, money on pampers, then you pay money to gamble that you don't get to keep? I don't think so.

Hey, at least they supply the deck of cards!! 

LOL!! 

• I know, I hate it when first time parents know exactly what kind of diapers are best already. My work threw me a diaper shower, with liteally 500 dollars worth of diapers. The girl who organized it bought all different brands for me to try, it was awesome. I ended up liking the Target brand. To specify pampers is ridiculus. I told H if he goes, he should take the Kroger brand. DD leaked through those every time ;-)

• This makes me laugh because a young girl and her bf had a diaper party and asked for all pampers.  I get a chuckle because they have learned pampers weren't right for them lol.

BYOB is ok but all the money goes for the baby?!?!  HMmm people like to play poker to win money..duh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Agreed! If they wanted winnings to go in to babies piggy bank they could have done 50% piggy bank 50% winner. And they should be supplying the beer. I have heard about many diaper parties and none were BYOB.

• I would just assume that it's being arranged by guys... in which case, all "tacky" bets are off.

H and his friends just don't seem to be phased by tackiness.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehonkytonk_kid:

I would just assume that it's being arranged by guys... in which case, all "tacky" bets are off.

H and his friends just don't seem to be phased by tackiness.

so very true! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"