Cloth Diapering
Options

How do you tell if LO's wet?

Stupid question alert.

I've been using FuzziBunz since DS was born. I generally don't even need to check to see if DS' diaper is dirty because he's a total trumpet butt. But how do you check for wetness? Do you just change LO every so often? That's pretty much what I've been doing, but I wander if there's a way to check. 

See, I told you that it was a stupid question!

Re: How do you tell if LO's wet?

• Options
    I just change every 2 hours or so. He's always wet. With pockets, I find the only way to check is to get my finger down the back so I touch the insert.
  • Options
    I either just change every few hours or stick my finger in. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCeltiCutie:
    I either just change every few hours or stick my finger in. 

What inspired me to ask was thinking "this can't be the way that you're suppose to do this!" as I was sticking my finger in the LO's diaper today. Stick out tongue

• Options
    I stick my finger in there.  Not glamorous but it does the job.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also do the finger check.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I too do the finger check, but I also squish the outside of the diaper.  Bamboo and hemp inserts feel different when wet (more solid if that makes sense).  MF does too, but it can be harder to tell if it is a small amount of pee. HTH!
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    When I read the thread title my first thought was "if she's breathing and it's been more than 2 minutes since we last changed her!" lol  But just like everyone else, we just change her pretty often (every couple hours, before & after naps, before going anywhere). Once in a while if she's sitting on my lap without any pants on I'll stick my finger in through the leg hole of her cover to see if her prefold is wet.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"