3rd Trimester
Options

Nobody likes a whiner.

Especially one who never posts (but has posted twice today).

But I'm getting discouraged and upset already and I know this is no good.

I've been having contractions since yesterday morning. Since about 6pm yesterday they've been steady. Steady but not consistent...if that makes sense. Anywhere from 5-25 minutes apart. No extended stops. And these aren't those "uncomfortable" pre-labor contractions that most people talk about... these. freaking. hurt. I'm actually surprised at how they could hurt so much this early, and I have a pretty good pain tolerance. I woke up with every one last night, so that was fun.

For an hour or so earlier they stayed at 8-10min apart and I started to get my hopes up. That was silly.

I'm terribly impatient and hoped that things would start actually progressing or becoming more consistent by now. I'm worried that I might be stuck at this rate for several days and that's super discouraging to me. I can see that wearing me down and then how will I power through the real stuff? I plan to hopefully make it through this with no meds/epidural/etc and I know I need to keep my confidence up to do so.

And to make the day less pleasant, my husband was mandated at work today (which means he's required to stay for a 2nd shift -- 16 hours) so I've been sitting here alone most of the day, still waiting for him to get home. I'm bored to death and pouty (obviously) but can't focus on doing anything other than timing the contractions.

Advice? :/

Re: Nobody likes a whiner.

• Options
    Have you tried going for a walk to get things moving?  It sounds like you're close...just think of it this way, those early contractions ARE helping move things along.  I had contractions with both of my boys for days before actual labor and I think it made my labor easier in the end.  Good luck to you!
    Lauren...Wife to Jason, mother to Henry (4), Wesley (2), and baby George! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know it sounds uncomfortable at this point but when your HB gets home have sex something in the sperm helps with induction. Also I take Evening primrose oil 3 times a day which is supposed to help ripen the cervix and make natural birth easier. I also take a lot of warm baths for the same reason it feels like someone is punching me in the gut all day!! I hope you feel better your really close :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My contractions were the same with DD. They never were 5 min apart or anything...they would be 5 min then 15, then 2, etc. when I got to the hospital I was 6-7cm so I wouldn't just write them off....GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Walk, clean, and keep moving. See what happens. You might be in the very early stages of labor. Some women take awhile to get going, while others race through. Don't give up hope.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options

when I get painful contractions I sit in the bathtub for a little while, the hot water really helps.  Also taking a couple tylenol can ease the pain for a little bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks all. I'm such a hormonal wreck that your kind responses made me cry, haha.

I was reading about prodromal labor and it sounds exactly like what I have going on. Especially considering my baby is posterior and I guess that can play a factor in it. Lord I hope it doesn't last that long though. Two nights of no sleeping will be quite enough, thanks. My contractions have been 10 minutes apart for 2 hours now so I'm starting to get hopeful again........

I sent my hubby to bed since he just worked 16 hours and has to be up in 6 to go back to work. Bleh. So it's just me and the cats hanging out for now. I have yet to find a comfortable way to position myself during these things, and laying down just seems to make them more painful.

• Options

imagelala1608:
    Have you tried going for a walk to get things moving?  It sounds like you're close...just think of it this way, those early contractions ARE helping move things along.  I had contractions with both of my boys for days before actual labor and I think it made my labor easier in the end.  Good luck to you!

This exactly! Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Stairs and sex! That is what I have heard! Good Luck!
  • Options
    Just wanted to say good luck! keep us updated! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"