Working Moms

Call DC Center if running late?

we just staryted pt daycare and i don't quite have the etiquette down.  if we are running 30 minutes late, should i call and let them know?
Succes after IF - DXN PCOS 2008 Surpise BFP 7/2009 Baby B was born 2/2010 Baby A is on her way; surprise! Due 2/2012 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Call DC Center if running late?

• Is it at a center or in home? Not sure about proper etiquette at an in home, but if it's for a center- I don't call. The only time I call is when DS is being dropped off after 9am since that's when they pretty much start their schedule/routine.

I'll be curious to see what others say.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't call. I will call if DD is unexpectedly sick and stays home.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • our center is open 6:30 to 6:30, we don't call unless he isn't going in.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As we're usually the first people to get there, I usually try to let my DCP know if we're going to be later than normal - but I usually know that the night before.

It's an in-home and she has her own 2 DD's to contend with (getting them up, breakfast, etc) that if she doesn't have to worry about DS too, I like to let her know. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• C goes to a center (when DH is employed, really). I try to let them know about morning dr appts the day ahead of time. If it were just a bad morning and I'd be 30-60min late, I wouldn't call. If something more significant happened with our routine (e.g. someone had to go to the dr unexpectedly) and I'd be 2-3hrs late, I'd give them a heads up so no-one would worry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're at a center and I only call if we are really running late and ds won't get there until after breakfast since that's when their day really starts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope, I wouldn't call for 30 minutes. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.  There are 6 other kids in B's classroom and they all get there before us, so we're not putting anyone out of an extra 30 minutes of sleep or a cup of coffee by being a bit late :).  Good point on arriving before activities, B still cries at drop off and would be a disruption to the activity if we get there after 9.
    Succes after IF - DXN PCOS 2008 Surpise BFP 7/2009 Baby B was born 2/2010 Baby A is on her way; surprise! Due 2/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our first daycare had a policy that if you were running more than an hour late, they really wanted notice.  That way they could plan their day/floaters better.

Our current daycare doesn't have a written policy, but I still call in the morning if I know that we're going to be there more than 30 minutes later than normal.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • At our daycare breakfast is served at 8:30, which is right when we drop off.  If we're running late I'll call to let them know we're coming and to save two breakfasts for the girls.  
  • We use a center and drop off between 7:30 and 8:15.  If I am going to be much earlier or later, I do try to give them a heads up so they know what to expect.
  • imageKathrynMD:
    I don't call. I will call if DD is unexpectedly sick and stays home.

This. I only call if she's not going to be there at all.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DDs center is open from 6:30 to 6:30.  You can drop off whenever you want and pick up when ever you want.  They do have a schedule for the 2 year old room, but they don't have a "you have to be here by this time or else" drop off deadline.  I would be in a lot of trouble if they did.  They do cut off serving breakfast by 8:30am, so I try to get her there before that, but she doesn't typically like what they serve so it doesn't matter to her.
  • Yes! I always call if I am late dropping OR picking up, regardless of place or time open.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• imageMaybride2:

Our first daycare had a policy that if you were running more than an hour late, they really wanted notice.  That way they could plan their day/floaters better.

Our current daycare doesn't have a written policy, but I still call in the morning if I know that we're going to be there more than 30 minutes later than normal.

I'm not even sure if our daycare has a policy on this but I made this assumption the other day when I wasn't going to bring LO in until after lunch.  I thought they might like to know for their ratios.  I know sometimes if they have fewer babies than normal, someone may get the opportunity to go home.  If I was just running late, I wouldn't call.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebeckynick04:
    We're at a center and I only call if we are really running late and ds won't get there until after breakfast since that's when their day really starts.

I'm a in home DCP and I would appreciate knowing if someone was going to miss breakfast.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Only if it would affect meals (like missing breakfast but we'll be there for lunch- they have to plan ahead for how many to prepare) or if I were picking up way later than usual so they wouldnt worry (I tend to pick up within a 30 min window most nights).  (I do call if we won't be there at all unexpectedly). My DC has never said anything to me about anything related to this other than a written policy that if you miss bfast and plan to be there for lunch you need to let them know by a certain time, and even when I have called about that, they'll be like, oh, ok...um no big deal... so I guess they have the policy so ppl don't abuse it but it doesn't seem like they see it as a huge thing. 

If it is planned, like dr appts or something going on in the AM, I try to mention it the day before when I pick up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"