October 2011 Moms
Options

Oh DH why????

So everytime I get up at night to use the restroom I make grunting and moaning sounds so much so that I guess my DH just had to say something about it last night on my way to the restroom for the millionth time. DH said quote, "You are always complaining." Needless, to say I went all exorcist on him and told him men should have nothing to say about complaining...mind you he hears how my poor pelvis cracks everytime I get up throughout the night. I also told him if he says that I am complaining in the L/D room I will have him thrown out LOL!. Let's just say when I got out of the bathroom he was so sorry and I am sure I will never hear him say that I am complaining again.

Sometimes I wish he could feel the aches I feel so he could truly understand. Has anyone else's DH try to put their two cents in on how you should feel? I'm curious.

Re: Oh DH why????

• Options

It's our second time around.  DH learned his lesson the first time.  He just quietly does whatever I say and gives me plenty of foot rubs because he is afraid of me going BSC on him.

Though the other day I was slowly rolling over and my hips locked. DH thought he would help me out by yanking on my knees for me.  Let's just say that my scream of pain and then the, "calm rational" way I spoke to him had him sucking up for a couple days.  In fact he sent me for a nap the next day and I woke up to a clean living room and DH getting DD to help him "fold" laundry

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been pretty lucky but DH does try to insist I lay down at the same time as him at night to go to sleep. Now I don't mind laying and reading but to actually sleep? I don't think so. This man goes to bed between 7-9 PM (he gets up at 330). I actually did try it 1 time this past week and I ended up being "up" for the day at 430 AM. Yikes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pray every day for the ability to get my DH pregnant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagepearblossom:
    Feck, I think about this all the time, he wouldn't even last 3 days! They'd be so irresponsible, well at least my DH...
  • Options

Every time I mention something hurting or being uncomfortable, I get "You asked for this. Why can't you just be happy that you're getting your baby?". Makes me nearly homicidal. 

On the other hand, if I let out so much as a squeak (for instance, when LO kicks me in the ribs or when I have a particularly hard BH contraction) he's half way to the car with the hospital bag before I can talk him down. Genius that he is, tonight at dinner, he suggested that I try to transition from general grunts and moans to calling out a specific description of the event so he knows not to be scared. For instance, instead of "Oh my" I could say "Kick" or "contraction". Needless to say, I was soooo sorry to hear that I've been stressing him. I should learn to be more considerate. Jeeze louise he's lucky we were in public!!!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH hasn't really said too much, although he does like to make fun of my swollen feet.  DH would not last very long pregnant.  Just the other night he kept me up because he was having really bad gas pains with heartburn.  He complained so much.  I just wanted to tell him I've had the gas pains since the very beginning and now heartburn every night, and I very rarely complain about it.
  • Options

Haha. My husband is such a baby about things that he wouldn't last a day. Now he doesn't tell me I complain too much BUT for some reason he will not give me a good back or foot rub. I mean COME ON! It pisses me off to no end but he still won't do it. I think it is maybe because he tried once and I told him he wasn't doing a very good job... oops. So sensitive!

• Options
    imagesnmcnulty:

Every time I mention something hurting or being uncomfortable, I get "You asked for this. Why can't you just be happy that you're getting your baby?". Makes me nearly homicidal. 

On the other hand, if I let out so much as a squeak (for instance, when LO kicks me in the ribs or when I have a particularly hard BH contraction) he's half way to the car with the hospital bag before I can talk him down. Genius that he is, tonight at dinner, he suggested that I try to transition from general grunts and moans to calling out a specific description of the event so he knows not to be scared. For instance, instead of "Oh my" I could say "Kick" or "contraction". Needless to say, I was soooo sorry to hear that I've been stressing him. I should learn to be more considerate. Jeeze louise he's lucky we were in public!!!  

This only it's "you're getting your dream, you should be appreciative. I expect you to be happy and smiling the whole time." Then he sulks if we don't have money for him to go to McDonalds or to buy beer.Angry

On the flip side, he got up early this morning and made me a super breakfast before work-cheese omlet, sausage, and toast with apple cider tea.Big Smile

I think his hormones are raging more than mine LOL

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    On another note, my DH has long wanted to get pregnant. He even found a Dr in New York that swears he can do it. I said go for it. He says he wouldn't want the publicity. Yeah, right, that's the hold up. Not the pain and discomfort that it brings. LOL. I wish he would try it. Ha ha ha
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepearblossom:

LOL now that would be a divine miracle. Let us know how HE answers you on that one!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"