February 2012 Moms

How are you giving birth?

Not sure if this has been done yet, but I was just curious...

[poll] 

Re: How are you giving birth?

• Repeat c-section for me. If I didn't have to do that though I'd be epidural all the way.

• My goal / plan is an intervention-free birth.  My BIGGER goal is feeling positive about my birthing experience regardless of whether the situation necessitates a change in the plan. 
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecheese.fiend:
    My goal / plan is an intervention-free birth.  My BIGGER goal is feeling positive about my birthing experience regardless of whether the situation necessitates a change in the plan. 

this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Epidural for me! I have had a lot of issues with pain from the get-go of our marriage, so in light of that, my doctor suggested that to avoid any complications, we go with an epidural...after talking to a couple other doctors (who know my history) we've decided to "plan" on that - as much as you can actually plan these things!! :-)
    ? I married my best friend on 6/6/09! ? ? BFP on 6/6/11! ? ? EDD for Baby Girl, 2/10/12! ? BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • This is my 3rd and I am planning on doing the same as with the other 2; a  hypno and water birth.   
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Dude, what's up with the DD action???
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • imagecheese.fiend:
    My goal / plan is an intervention-free birth.  My BIGGER goal is feeling positive about my birthing experience regardless of whether the situation necessitates a change in the plan. 

This! We're doing Bradley classes and my hope is to go med-free.

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I put SS, yes, because I'm difficult. I plan to go as long as possible without pain meds and I don't want ANYONE to ask me if I need it. I want to be the one to request it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My plan is to have an intervention-free birth as I did with DD. I do know that not everything goes as planned and I hope to be thrilled with the birth no matter what. However, with DD my labor was less than 6 hours long and I didn't even have time for any type of intervention by the time I made it to the hospital - therefore, if this one is different and longer, I have no clue what to expect and will be in for some surprises when it comes to the pain.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagecheese.fiend:

Love this!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing such a great attitude!

• My goal is to go med free. With DD I did do it with a epidural in the end I was glad I did cause there was complications. I hoping this will be a easy med free birth.
    Diagnosed PCOS 2005 Put on Metformin 7 long cycles of CLOMID! 2xClomid+Follistim+Ovidrel timeD bd and preseed! Feb2007-BFP! NOv172007 Baby girl Jaylene was BOrn!!! TTC number 2 Natural...wow amazing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecheese.fiend:

Same for me! :)

I'm signed up to give birth at a certified private birthing center, with a midwife and doula in attendance. If something changes beforehand (baby in transverse position, etc.) and I cannot have this option, that's ok. But I hope it all works out for my original plan.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't answer your poll because I don't think "bring on the pain" describes what I experienced with my first, nor does it describe what I am planning with this one.

I am planning another home water birth.  I am looking forward to giving birth again.  It was the most amazing experience of my life.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• imagecheese.fiend:

THIS!

I am going to a birth center, and I have three wonderful midwives. I honestly never considered a traditional hospital birth for a second. It's just not my style. I am not afraid of the discomfort of childbirth, but I AM prepared in the unlikely event I may have to be transferred to hospital.

Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Went med-free with DS and plan on doing the same with this one.  I loved it...but it did hurt!
  • I had to be induced at 42 weeks with DD. After 10 hours of labor (no pain medicine) we had a very scary emergency c-section. My whole pregnancy, I had planned a natural water birth and had done all the hypnobirth classes and work.

This time, I am going in with no expectations. I am trying to stay positive and think that this is an entirely different pregnancy and baby. I hope to have a VBAC. But whatever happens, I am hoping for a safe delivery and a healthy boy or girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"