Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Bleeding after D&C (TMI)

I had my D&C on 9/19, 10 days ago.  I bled a little immediately after, then it tapered off after about day 3 or so.  It's now back, worse than before.  It seemed, a few days ago, that it was drying up and was dark brown and really only there when I went to the bathroom and wiped.  Now, it's bright red, and (TMI) I am passing clots as big as my fist.  Yesterday, I literally felt like my insides were falling out of me.  Not cramping, just like something was out of place and close to falling out.  I don't feel like that today, but now I have the issue with passing the clots.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the point of the D&C was to get all of this out of me. 

I did call my dr's office today and spoke to the nurse.  She said, unfortunately, there is no "normal" in this situation.  Everyone is different.  She asked if I was soaking a pad in an hour or less- I'm not.  It's not alot of blood, except when I pee, then the clots fall out.  The nurse said to call back again tomorrow if it doesn't seem better.

Did anyone else experience anything like this?  I thought it was over with, but then this starts.  My follow-up appt. is not until next Thursday.  I tried to move it up, but they are booked.  The nurse did tell me if I felt it got worse, they could squeeze me in, but I don't know if maybe I'm just worrying over nothing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1 5/2004 Karina Frances born February 6, 2005 8 lb., 6 oz.
BFP #2 8/2010 Hadleigh Abigail born April 7, 2011 8 lb., 11 oz.
BFP #3 7/2011 EDD 3/27/12 Missed MC at 12w3d (Sara Grace)
BFP #4 12/13/11 EDD 8/19/12 Praying for this little baby!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bleeding after D&C (TMI)

• Options

hi

I had a d&c on the 22nd and on the 26th I had a lot of clots coming out and cramping. I hadn't had this experience with past d&c's before, so it made me a little nervous. It is a "blind" surgery for the most part and I believe it is common that there might be some left behind. I was told the same thing about the pad... & my follow up isn't until Thursday either - hopefully we can get answers next week.

I'm sorry you have to be going through this. ((hugs)) 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
    "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it" 
    --Helen Keller 

4 miscarriages: Nov 2009,  Jan 2011, Sept 2011,  Oct 2012
    IVF Round 1:
    3/4/15: Egg Retrieval
    16 Eggs Retrieved -- 15 Fertilized via ICSI -- 10 Blastocysts Biopsied for PGD & PGS -- 2 (male) Blastocysts Remain for Transfer
    5/13/15: FET -- 5/26/15: BFN
    CANCELLED IVF Round 2.

Living a happy, child-free life with my best friend.
    *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
  • Options

You should just tell them it's worse so they'll squeeze you in. It is important for you to feel comfortable and sane at this point! Don't worry about what they think. It sounds scary and you need some reassurance. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PP in that you should just see the Dr.  No need to suffer at home with worry when a quick exam or u/s will help--or at least could provide some answers.  Also, like the first poster said, I think it's pretty common for there to be some residual stuff that the body needs to pass.  I am sorry it's happening to you, though.  It didn't to me, and I don't imagine it's any fun.  I think you deserve the reassurance of a Dr. visit.  Feel better, and I hope it resolves soon.

• Options

Same thing is happening to me. I had a d&c on 9/21. I had very light bleeding for 3 days after, and then after that I've been bleeding heavily. I've had some clots, nothing really big, and i'm not really filling up pads either because it mostly comes out when I pee.

I had called the nurse and she didn't seem too concerned about it. She said that if there is a foul smelling odor and weird colored discharge, then I should call them and come in. 

So far I've had none of that, just heavy bleeding. It's almost like the heaviest day of my period, but for 6 days now. 

Other than that I feel totally fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for your answers.  This whole thing just plain sucks, for all of us.  I'm sorry that all of you are going through this too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 5/2004 Karina Frances born February 6, 2005 8 lb., 6 oz.
    BFP #2 8/2010 Hadleigh Abigail born April 7, 2011 8 lb., 11 oz.
    BFP #3 7/2011 EDD 3/27/12 Missed MC at 12w3d (Sara Grace)
    BFP #4 12/13/11 EDD 8/19/12 Praying for this little baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having a simular experience. I had my d&c on September 15th. I had light bleeding after but 4 days after I went to the bathroom and passed 5 egg sized clots all at once. My bleeding continued for a week after and I went to see the dr for abdominal pain. I ended up having an infection and needed meds. I called another couple days after and said I wanted an u/s to see if everythign was out. I got my ultrasound which showed I still had a few large clots inside of me a week after the d&c. My bleeding totally stopped but then started up bright red again. I passed a couple smaller clots and I'm hoping that everything is out because my bleeding has stopped again. It took 2 weeks and 2 days for my bleeding to totally stop after the d&c. I'm still nervous that not everything is out, I feel like dr's take D&C's too lightly, they don't even want to see me to follow up after the infection and seeing that there is still clots left in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"