June 2011 Moms
Options

Anybody have this (Fisher Price Seahorse)?

I saw on another month board. The mommas were calling this baby crack and said it worked miracles to get LO to sleep. It's the first I've heard of it. Just wondering if any of you June Mommas have it and what you thought? https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3508447
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anybody have this (Fisher Price Seahorse)?

• Options
    I had one for DS1.  It didn't make a bit of difference for him.
  • Options
    We don't use it in the crib right now, she already goes to sleep so easily that I don't want to mess with it, but it is baby crack for the car for us! We keep it in the car and give it to her if she's upset back there. I think it has less to do with the music and more to do with the light. It mesmerizes her!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got it and it did work wonders for our LO.  But she doesnt use it much anymore it worked great for the first 2 1/2mths. But it was worth it :)
  • Options
    I got one of these and have yet to give it to M...maybe I should get around to that.
  • Options

We have it, but haven't used it yet. We got it as a "hand me down" from a friend and it's out of batteries and I have been too lazy to change them! Haha! I will have to make an effort to try it out though!

We don't have trouble with DS going to sleep at night, but maybe it would help him during nap time!!

• Options
    Thank you for the reminder! (adding it to the list of things to pull out of the attic this weekend, along with the exersaucer)  we had it for DS1 (who was not too interested in it), but we'll give it another try, I kind of forgot we had it.
    The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

Photos from Libby Hilf Photography

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • Options

We have it. I haven't noticed a huge difference in getting him to sleep. He won't go to sleep alone in the crib with or without it. I do try to use it as a "sleep association" tool, though. I hold it when I hold/rock him, then when I transfer him to the crib, it goes with him. Sometimes he will open his eyes once I put him down, and he'll look at it and then close his eyes again. But if he's not sleepy enough, he'll just stare at it, and NOT close his eyes.

We also have a more traditional "glow worm" where the face lights up. THAT thing is great for my LO. He can be crying and if I play it and hold it in front of him, he stops. Almost every single time. It's this one. He also reaches for it's face, and "talks" to it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We have this b/c I read great things about it before DD was even born, but it's never worked for us. I do have a sleep-fighting baby, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    My daughter loves hers. We turn it on when we put her in her crib and it works wonders. Especially if she is fussy and fighting sleep, she stops whining and gazes at it and calms right down. 
  • Options

B has one.  He really doesn't care much for singing/light up toys yet.  He just goes to sleep by himself most of the time now.  We have our routine down, and he's doing great with it!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageBrooklyn2577:
    I had one for DS1.  It didn't make a bit of difference for him.
    This. Still haven't tried it on DS2 but I don't have high hopes.
  • Options

we us a sleep sheep for sleep noise. This only stays on for like 5 minutes. We have this but it's more of a toy and not for the sleep music aspect.

• Options
    DS liked it. DD doesn't care if she has it or not. 
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Options
    We have it and my LO is a terrible sleeper. Who knows though- she does seem to like it and calm down with it so maybe she'd be an even worse sleeper without it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"