Attachment Parenting

You'll probably think I'm a dork... Moby related..

We adopted Hadley at birth and she is our only LO, and SO thankful for her! I realized today though that when I carry her in her Moby (which we've done a lot since birth) I love rubbing her bum & back... similar to a woman rubbing her pregnant belly, made me realize that I'm carrying her on the outside rather than the inside!  Guess it's the closest feeling I"ll ever have to being pregnant! :o)

Re: You'll probably think I'm a dork... Moby related..

• Not a dork - I think that sounds very sweet.

imageimage
  • That's super sweet! I delivered 10 weeks early so I lost out on having that "really pg feeling" you hear so much about. I have often put my hands on him and thought, Oh this is what it would have felt like :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageurbanflowerpot:
    That's super sweet! I delivered 10 weeks early so I lost out on having that "really pg feeling" you hear so much about. I have often put my hands on him and thought, Oh this is what it would have felt like :)

I did the same thing with my LO who was born at 28 weeks in the ergo.  I remember thinking that they should market this feature for women who deliver early and feel like they missed out.  It was very healing to feel his little bum there.

ETA: Also, OP, your little one is completely adorable!  Congratulations! 

• Aw, I think that is very sweet. I do the same thing with my daughter and never made that connection. :-)
  • Awe, ladies that is very sweet! Although my LO was only 4 weeks early, I do the same thing. When I was PG I would always think that rubbing my belly soothed him and made him feel more loved, I think that's why I do it when he's in the Moby now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBooger+Bear:
    Not a dork - I think that sounds very sweet.

This.  :)  It's lovely.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought your post was so sweet..not a dork, just a wonderful mommy. :)  BTW, your little one is absolutely beautiful!  Those pictures are so precious! 

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Definitely not a dork! When I am carrying P in one of her many "contraptions" (as my mom calls them), I often sway to soothe her...The other day I went to the store without her and found myself swaying side to side in front of the yogurt while I was deciding which flavor to get, lol. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree thats very sweet..I do the same thing with my moby now that you mention it..Or I pat his bottom the way I'd pat my belly when I had one..

Also agreeing with the others your little girl is adorable!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"