Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor

Does anybody use the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor?  Do you like it?  I don't think I would buy it myself but my friend just got pregnant (she never used it) and she's letting me borrow it. The directions I just read online say you can start it CD1, not that you have to so I'm guessing it's ok to start any day of the cycle? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Falling in Love!  November 2014

Re: Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor

• Options
    I haven't used one, but I don't see why you couldn't start on any day. Im guessing it says to start on CD1 so you get a reading from everyday of your cycle to see when you are at each level. HTH.
    ~ Waiting for our Little Spartan~
    Our Baby Boy is due September 8, 2012
  • Options

I have it, I use it and I love it. You are supposed to start using it between CD1 and CD5.

HTH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRvnsgrl81:

I have it, I use it and I love it. You are supposed to start using it between CD1 and CD5.

HTH.

Oh really - damn!  When she gives it to me I'll be CD12.  Will it not work correctly that late in the cycle?

• Options

It needs to be reset first and then I don't believe it can be started mid cycle like that even if you normally O later than "normal". It needs time to adjust I believe. I can double check my instructions tonight when I get home and let you know, but I am pretty sure you have until CD5 to set it.

Also make sure to use the test strips from the same box for the same cycle and not mix and match. Apparently it can effect the monitor. IDK on that one.

Let me know if you want me to double check tonight and let you know for sure.

• Options
    imageRvnsgrl81:

It needs to be reset first and then I don't believe it can be started mid cycle like that even if you normally O later than "normal". It needs time to adjust I believe. I can double check my instructions tonight when I get home and let you know, but I am pretty sure you have until CD5 to set it.

Also make sure to use the test strips from the same box for the same cycle and not mix and match. Apparently it can effect the monitor. IDK on that one.

Let me know if you want me to double check tonight and let you know for sure.

Thanks Rvnsgrl.  I'll give the 800# a call and see what they say about starting mid cycle.

• Options
    No problem! Sorry it wasn't the answer you were looking for! Hopefully the 800# will be able to explain it a little better!
  • Options

imageRvnsgrl81:
    No problem! Sorry it wasn't the answer you were looking for! Hopefully the 800# will be able to explain it a little better!

No that's ok I appreciate the help.  More helpful than the 800# since they had me on hold and then I got sent to voicemail.  Annoying.

• Options

Yup, I used it before my IUIs and now that I'm on a forced break I dug it out again. You need to start it anywhere between CD1 and CD5. The monitor won't let you start it any other days.

You can't just set it at any old time of day - you need to set it for about when you think you'll be testing each day, giving yourself a 3 hour window before and after that time. For example, I set mine at 6:30, which means that I can test anywhere between 3:30am and 9:30am. If I push the button at 9:32 am, it won't accept my pee stick.

• Options

Just started using it this month.  My friend had one and got PG, so she handed it over.

You can't start on any day, like PP mentioned.  The online directions tell you that- you can google them. You are supposed to start on CD1-CD5.  I was on CD6, so I started then, but I wouldn't have done it where you are at.  I read reviews from other users that started on CD6 and said it wasn't an issue.  So I decided to go for it.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ok I'll be too late to use it this month then...back to regular OPKs for me.  Thanks everyone.

• Options

I use it and really like it. When I use regular OPKs the second line is never as dark as the control line, so the monitor gives me some more certainty (I am not charting this month but have done so previously, so I know that I ovulate (though of course everyone has months where they don't)).

I think it's great that it means you can't miss the surge and it makes things more stress-free for me.

You definitely can't use it unless you set it in the first 5 days of your cycle. Annoying, I know. 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"