June 2011 Moms
Options

Vent about Mom and CDs

When I first decided to do CDs instead of sposies I talked to my mom about it.  She wasn't thrilled with the idea, but then I showed her the new CDs and she was all for it.  Even said wouldn't have a problem changing them since she won't have to worry about using diaper pins. (She stuck one through my older brother when he was about 3 weeks old and immediately switched to sposies, never to touch a CD again)

I am planning a trip back home for 9 days in October so extended family can finally meet my little dude.  I asked my mom yesterday what kind of laundry detergent she uses (All free and clear) and if she minds me using it and her washer while I am there staying with her.  First she said yeah, no problem.  Today she messages me and tells me poopy diapers cannot go in her washer.  I tell her it's all water soluble since he isn't on solids yet.  Her response is, well then hose it off first.  I tell her since it's sticky, it is really hard to rinse off, but comes off in the wash no problem.  Her response? "Not in my washer it won't.  Maybe you should buy disposable diapers for your entire trip."  Ugh.  Thanks Mom.  I guess I will now have to ask my ILs if they care if I use theirs.  :(

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vent about Mom and CDs

• Options
    Wow, I would probably sneak them in the wash. That is super selfish of her. I would be the type of daughter who tells her either you let us use the washer or we stay elsewhere. Boo to your mom, I am so sorry!
    **February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yeah, but my mom is the type to say fine by me to that kind of ultimatum.  And then be mad at me the entire time I am out there.  Not worth it.  She can hold a grudge like no other.  She still holds on against my dad for their crappy marriage even though they divorced 26 years ago and she is on hubby #4...
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsPBNJ0220:
    Wow, I would probably sneak them in the wash. That is super selfish of her. I would be the type of daughter who tells her either you let us use the washer or we stay elsewhere. Boo to your mom, I am so sorry!

This. I mean c'mon, it's just poop. When LO would have an explosion on stuff, DH would always say "can you wash that stuff separately from the rest of it." I would always say yes, but still always put it together in the same wash. Seriously people, it's a WASHER, that's what it's for.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    how weird!  my parents have had no problem letting us wash diapers in their washer when ours was broken.  if your kid has a blow-out, you're going to throw the dirty clothes in the wash, so why not diapers.  it's not like our babies' poop has gotten gross yet.  totally washable.
  • Options
    How about you tell you that you are going to have poop explosions from using sposies, you'll still be washing poop in her washer but it will be clothes!
  • Options
    I would go with sneaking a load as well. What is she going to do if she catches you?  Kick you out?  LOL just do it.
  • Options
    I would respect her wishes. It's her washer and she can do what she wants with it. You would want someone to respect your wishes too if they stayed in your house. Do I think it's silly she won't let you wash the diapers, OF COURSE! But again, her washer her rules. Maybe you can very matter of factly tell her "Your washer, your rules. That's too bad. I was really looking forward to staying with you. Now I guess I'll ask so and so if I can stay with them. " No sposies on your baby, and if she asks why say "My baby, my rules! I respected your please respect mine" do you think she would still get mad and grudgy if you put it that way?
  • Options
    that's totally annoying. I think it may be hard to sneak though. My Mom has a water softener so she keeps telling me if I want to do a good strip to bring em' on over. lol. Maybe your Mom just does not understand BF poop.
  • Options
    What about liners? Might be a good compromise. That is actually something my DH was insistent on. I didn't really care. She doesn't need to know that occasionally it won't catch all the poop or that pee + poop causes some poopoo residue on the diaper itself.
  • Options

imagesupermom83:
    I would respect her wishes. It's her washer and she can do what she wants with it. You would want someone to respect your wishes too if they stayed in your house. Do I think it's silly she won't let you wash the diapers, OF COURSE! But again, her washer her rules. Maybe you can very matter of factly tell her "Your washer, your rules. That's too bad. I was really looking forward to staying with you. Now I guess I'll ask so and so if I can stay with them. " No sposies on your baby, and if she asks why say "My baby, my rules! I respected your please respect mine" do you think she would still get mad and grudgy if you put it that way?

This. While you might not agree, it is her house and her washing machine.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagethatgirl84:
    What about liners? Might be a good compromise. That is actually something my DH was insistent on. I didn't really care. She doesn't need to know that occasionally it won't catch all the poop or that pee + poop causes some poopoo residue on the diaper itself.

Depending on the system you use, I think this is a good idea. There are a lot of biodegradable inserts that work with ones like Flip, Grovia, etc.

Otherwise, I agree that, while she's being ridiculous, you should respect her rules. Check with the inlaws or go to a laundromat- you'll make it through! Too bad she can't be supportive, though.

• Options
    image11kacey:

imagesupermom83:

This is very well worded! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagenorthtamarack:
    image11kacey:

imagesupermom83:

This is very well worded! 

It is very well worded.  I think I may try that.  Because as tempting as it is to sneak a load, she would be far more angry with me if she caught it than if I just went to my in-laws' home.  And since I will be taking LO over there anyway, I may as well lug over the laundry.  Wouldn't be the first time.  MH pointed out that when my DD's step mom was in town, his folks didn't mind at all when she washed CDs in their washer, so I feel better about it. 

Thanks for the feed back ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"