March 2012 Moms
Options

Chiro opinion

So with my back/hip/tailbone pain getting worse every day. I asked the Dr about going to the Chiro and he seemed not to hip on the idea- but i got the impression that it was more about his personal opinion than a profession opinion if it could help.

I have done some research and have a chiro that i have used for years and years and I really need some relief.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chiro opinion

• Options
    I saw a chiro with my first pregnancy.  She was very careful, but I never got lasting relief.  That's always been my issue with a chiro- why can't they fix you so you don't have to go back for years and years?  (Not being critical, curious about your opinion, just kind of seems like a racket to me...)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekmhunt11:
    I saw a chiro with my first pregnancy.  She was very careful, but I never got lasting relief.  That's always been my issue with a chiro- why can't they fix you so you don't have to go back for years and years?  (Not being critical, curious about your opinion, just kind of seems like a racket to me...)

I have used this chiro after my car accident and when i slipped in the shower and such and have always had some relief. But those were temporary conditions this is alot different then having an injury. My body is actually changing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Go!  It will probably be something you'll need to go in for monthly, though.  There's so much relaxing and spreading going on in your body right now that it won't stay fixed the rest of your pregnancy.  But you won't be sorry you went, trust me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on my 23rd visit this year.  I have found my Chiropractor to be most helpful during pregnancy as my tailbone has been killing me too.  Of course I have to see him for other areas of my back and neck due to a previous injury, but I highly recommend one!
  • Options

I also go to the chiro at least monthly - pg or not - and it always seems to help. Depending on the stage of my pg chiro would adjust me differently so just be sure to tell them upfront.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG! I LOVED my chiro back in Chicago especially when pregnant - he saved me!  GO! GO! GO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went today for the first time in my life. It wasn't bad. My hips were slightly out of alignment and one side was really tight. He cracked me and stretched me. I hurt right now from the stretching but we will see if it helps! He also cracked my neck which was great. No soreness from that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"