Health & Exercise
Options

Prenatal Exercise DVD Recommendations, Please!

I'm sure this question has been asked a hundred times before here, but scrolling through previous posts, I couldn't find an answer.

What prenatal exercises DVDs would you recommend?  After looking through dozens of reviews on Amazon, I think I'm going to order "The Perfect Pregnancy Workout" because it sounds like it's solid strength workout.

I'm still looking for some Pilates/Yoga/Core DVDs and maybe something with some cardio too.  Unless the point is "relaxation yoga" I'd prefer the DVD to be somewhat challenging.  I'm a runner and plan to continue running mid to long distances while I can, but I'd like some other options too.   

Thanks, ladies! 

BabyFruit Ticker
image imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prenatal Exercise DVD Recommendations, Please!

• Options
    I love the 10  minute solutions Prenatal Pilates video.  I've been doing it every day.  Before pregnancy I had back issues (herniated disk, sciatica).  Since being pregnant I haven't had any back pain and I've had sciatic pain that hasn't lasted more than a few minutes.  I totally credit the pilates videos with that.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have Yoga Booty Ballet: Baby on the Way by Beachbody.  I?m a Beachbody freak anyway and I?ve really enjoyed this program as I?ve progressed in my pregnancy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageblu-eyedwife:
    I love the 10  minute solutions Prenatal Pilates video.  I've been doing it every day.  Before pregnancy I had back issues (herniated disk, sciatica).  Since being pregnant I haven't had any back pain and I've had sciatic pain that hasn't lasted more than a few minutes.  I totally credit the pilates videos with that.
    I second this rec. I love that you can do it in ten-minute spurts, or all at once. It doesn't kille me but I do find it challenging.

One that I would not recommend is Long & Lean. I thought it was the most boring vid I've ever done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJFH2010:
    imageblu-eyedwife:
    I second this rec. I love that you can do it in ten-minute spurts, or all at once. It doesn't kille me but I do find it challenging.

One that I would not recommend is Long & Lean. I thought it was the most boring vid I've ever done.

I also agree with the ladies above...the 10 Minute Solutions: Prenatal Pilates video is awesome.  I'm a runner, so I've tried to maintain running 3-4x per week, but when I'm not running I like to do this video. 

• Options
    I use the Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout DVD. I really like it as it has different routines for each trimester.
    TTC since November 2010
    BFP: March 22, 2011 M/C: April 8, 2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: June 29, 2011!!! Crossing my fingers for a sticky baby :)
    LO Born early March 2012 We are so blessed image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"