October 2011 Moms
Options

BTDT- October Moms

For those of us who had early pumpkin arrivals, I thought we could share with those whose pumpkins are coming soon what the most suprising part of our experience was. Or, if you're not a FTM little things about delivery/post baby that suprised you on your first time...there are a few things I was really suprised by...

I had a few suprises-- first, everyone made out the bleeding to be a massive amount-- it might not be! My experience it has been pretty light and definately glad I got thin maxi pads because I had no need for the mega hospital diapers.

Even if you didnt swell at all during pregnancy--you may swell up after you deliver (yep--no swelling in any of pregnancy but took me 5 days to see my ankles again)

You don't need to worry if you didn't get your belly bandit before you went to the hospital-- if you ask for a hernia binder or abdominal binder they'll give you one, not charge you and it does the same thing!

After delivery-- you may develop the "shakes" for an hour or two due to the changes in hormones ( don't worry your not having a bad reaction most likely to the anesthesia/epidural -- I thought I was dying because I couldnt stop shaking but when I freaked out and asked the nurse she just smiled and said its totally normal.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BTDT- October Moms

• Options
    I had the shakes really bad after my son was born and I went pain-med free. It is fairly common but seriously annoying. I also found nursing to be WAY more challenging and painful than L&D so ask for helpp and be patient. It gets better!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I swelled up in my legs a little but I wasn't surprised because of all the fluid they were giving me and being in bed for so long. I was also shocked by how little I bled! With E it was a ton for awhile but this time around it's hardly anything. I'm also pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I am and how mobile.
  • Options

With DD I was in labor for 19 hrs and pushed for 2 of those. What suprised me was how SORE I was alllllll over. It took about 2 days to feel the full effect (by then Im sure sleep deprivation had also set in) but when I came home from the hospital I felt like I had been hit by a mac truck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second the shaking like crazy business...nothing helped it, the hormones just had to run their course.  And I got the heads up that it might happen like 5 minutes before I started pushing.  
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Like a PP....

I am finding recovery of the rest of my body worse than the crotch area. My arms are SO sore from IV lines being put in horribly, muscles from squeezing hands so tight...etc. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

With Ella Grace, the night my milk came in it made a HUGE mess all over me and her in the hospital bed. This time I will be wearing breast pads BEFORE my milk comes in after birth to avoid that mess.

I had my DD around 7pm and didn't get to my room until after 9 or so (c-section), so I had missed dinner. I said something to the nurses and they were able to get me some food that they keep for late deliveries. If you are hungry, ASK!

My epi messed up once I got back to my room, so I had to go on oral pain meds for the rest of my stay, I didn't take the first dose cause I felt fine, well an hour later I was in SOOO much pain and discomfort. Stay on top of your meds! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"