Eco-Friendly Family
Options

7th Generation Diaper Help!

My Son is 17 months and we use 7th Generation. We are having major leakage issues at night. He will wake up completely drenched. I have started to put two diapers on but that is not always fool proof. He is in size 4's now. We tried the 5'swith no change. Any advise or help would be awesome.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 7th Generation Diaper Help!

• Options

I wanted to love 7th gen diapers because I use so many of their other products, but more often than not, we had a lot of overnight leaks.  I liked NatureBabyCare better, but some people complain that the tabs aren't sticky enough (I didn't have an issue with that).

If you have a lot of diapers left in the pack that you don't want to waste, you could use a wool or PUL diaper cover over the diaper.  I did that quite often as well and that worked.  The cover will get wet, but at least you're not having to change jammies/sheets every night.  I have a friend that was not a cloth diaper user and her son had major leaks every night.  She used every disposable out there so one day I sent her a Thirsties cover to use and it worked!  I think she ended up buying a couple to use in rotation.

HTH!

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options

I've been using paper diapers overnight and found Bambo diapers on Amazon.  Very very very happy with them.  We've yet to have a leak and she sleeps 12+ hrs a night. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try going up to a 6.  Or you could add a diaper pad insert, I've bought them from Amazon, warning though, they did irritate my daughters skin, she has very sensitive skin.
  • Options
    We had a similar thing happen to us this week. We ran out of our 7th Gen stash and couldn't find in nearby stores and had to substitute with Huggies. We had leakages - awful! Our solution was to change her diaper when we went to sleep at night - a good 4 hours after she goes to bed. That seemed to have done the trick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"