November 2011 Moms

anyone else not crazy hormonal/emotional?

So I haven't really been overly emotional or hormonal amout anything.  No weird food cravings, no real break-downs, no crazy mood swings.  Other than getting a little bigger in my belly, I feel totally normal.  Does that make me totally crazy?  I'm kind of waiting for it to hit but so far, nothing.  Please tell me there are others out there? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: anyone else not crazy hormonal/emotional?

• Hey there I am the same way! I have had no cravings, no sickness, no mood swings, nothing! Its the same old me just with a bump. The only difference really is before I never would have dessert...now dessert sounds good anytime of the day but its not really a must have just I have grown taste for it.
    ANGELA_11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was hormonal for about 48 hours around 10 weeks and that was it. My DH actually brags about it to his coworkers with pregnant wives when they complain.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been less emotional now during pregnancy than I was before I got pregnant... or maybe just less of a drama queen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJenny952:

So I haven't really been overly emotional or hormonal amout anything.  No weird food cravings, no real break-downs, no crazy mood swings.  Other than getting a little bigger in my belly, I feel totally normal.  Does that make me totally crazy?  I'm kind of waiting for it to hit but so far, nothing.  Please tell me there are others out there? 

Me too!  There have been a few times where I felt PMS frustrated, but I haven't really had any crazy breakdowns or anything yet.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was not a very emotional person before pregnancy and I haven't been throughout. I also have not had cravings - It didn't occur to me that the two could be connected. I would say that I have been a lot more tired then normal and at times this has made me more irritable/not feel like doing things.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • same, i feel like my normal self & dont realize what everyone else's problem during pregnancy is all about. lately i keep loosing my train of thought, but other than that i'm 100% the same. 
  • You're not alone. I had one day I was a little bummed out for no particular reason, but otherwise I've been pretty even keel all pregnancy. Other than being bigger and feeling winded easier I feel like my normal pre-pregnancy self. I guess we should just feel lucky that the hormones have not affected us that badly!  Smile
  • My emotions went the other way -- I was VERY emotional before pregnancy and tended to get upset about little things and things I couldn't control. But since being pregnant, I haven't been like that at all. There have been *very* few tears over the last eight months, and most of them about, well, very reasonable things, like my dog dying, and not about, you know, the restaurant being out of orange juice.

My husband suspects it's my motherly instincts kicking in -- how I want to be strong for our LO, and how my perspective has changed overall so that a lot of those little things just don't matter anymore.

Whatever it is, it feels good! And I hope I stay this way after my little boy is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"