March 2012 Moms
Options

How high should my temp. be?

Today I'm running a fever, cold chills, migrane, sore body. No throwing up, thankfully. But I havent had a thermometer until just now, and found out my temperature is 101.6. I'm afraid of harming my baby, but I don't know how high it should get before going to the Dr. or ER. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: How high should my temp. be?

• Options
    I actually just asked my MW about this yesterday because I'm coming down with something. She said to call if my temp was over 100.4.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    i would not want it to go above 101.  have you taken anything yet?  i would take some tylenol to bring it down, drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest this weekend.  keep monitoring your temp and call your dr if the fever won't go down. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took tylenol before bed last night, and this morning it was down to 100.1, so hopefully it will keep going down. Thanks ladies :)
  • Options

imagenonasimonsen:
    A study was done that babies whoes mothers had fevers during pregnancy have a higher chance of developing schizophrenia. Basically the point is fever is not good for you or baby. call your doc!

ummm, alarmist much?  why would you say that to her? 

how high was the fever and how long did they have it for?  i'm sure in order for the fever to cause brain damage or to alter someone's personality, it would have to be pretty high for a sustained period of time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTexas77again:

imagenonasimonsen:
    A study was done that babies whoes mothers had fevers during pregnancy have a higher chance of developing schizophrenia. Basically the point is fever is not good for you or baby. call your doc!

ummm, alarmist much?  why would you say that to her? 

how high was the fever and how long did they have it for?  i'm sure in order for the fever to cause brain damage or to alter someone's personality, it would have to be pretty high for a sustained period of time. 

haha seriously! i read that and put my hand over my eyes like noooo did that just happen.  :(  

just watch your fever. i am no doctor but i think our temps are supposed to be a little high anyways but i would just call the doctor and ask. i double check everything but that's just because i'm new.  i'm sure they get lots of questions that's what they are there for  :)  i'm pretty sure i asked my doctor like 3 times yesterday at my exam about spotting after my physical. just try and relax this weekend and take it easy :)

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. :) It's still high, but not getting worse, so I'm not concerned yet. Just gonna hang out at home this weekend, and do nothin'!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"