Pregnant after 35
Options

Still pregnant...counting days and blessings

Thank you all for the kind words, encouraging stories, and love that you are showing to me after my water breaking at 29 weeks!  I have made it past the first of many small goals.  I stayed pregnant for 24 hours after my last steroid shot, meaning baby got the most benefit from the steroids that it can!  Next goal is to make it through the weekend...slow and steady...I know I could go at any time, especially if infection sets in quickly, but I feel great and am gaining some optimism each hour that goes by that I may be able to pull off this buying grow time thing a little longer :)  I love the support you ladies offer!!  I will keep updating as I can!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Still pregnant...counting days and blessings

• Options

That's great news! 

What has your stay in the hospital been like?  What have they been doing to help keep your little one in there?

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    great to hear you are doing well! hope LO stays put for you a while longer :) GL keep us posted!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My stay has been wonderful, totally wonderful.  I have the best doctors and nurses..Mayo Clinic is the place to be, not only for the medical side of things, but because the people here really care about the whole experience, including family.  So far, they have not had to intervene to keep baby in.  They have given me steriod shots to help mature baby's lungs, and I will be on antibiotics for the next two weeks to help prevent infection.  Other than that, they are monitoring baby two/three times a day, and doing u/s as needed to check fluid levels..  It is a wait and see game.  If I go into labor and do NOT have an infection, they will try and stop it with meds.  If I get an infection of any type, which is highly possible now, they will take baby right away.  This kiddo is also sitting breech, and w/o fluid to move in, will likely not spin around..so we are looking at a c-section most likely.  They are caring for me so well here, and the food is really good lol...I am going to take it easy and try and grow this babe!
  • Options

So wonderful!!!!  Stay put little one :)  Keep us posted and we will keep sending all the positive vibes your way.  Glad to hear your stay is going well.  It would really stink if you had to deal with all of this and the Drs and nurses were not so caring.

So glad to also hear that you are hardly needing much in the lines of interventions.

Keep cookin!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I was just thinking of you and am glad to find there is a positive post!  So good to hear the little one is benefiting as much as possible, and that you are comfortable and relaxed- that's important for both of you.  Hold on little one!  Hold on Mama!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Glad to hear your ok.

Please keep us posted!!

((HUGS)) 

• Options
    that is great news.  i hope your little one can hold out longer to grow more.  I am glad you are having a good experience at the mayo clinic.  my aunt has had great treatment there.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"