June 2012 Moms
Options

Have you told your mom?

If yes, how did you tell her?

If no, when do you plan to?

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Have you told your mom?

• Options
    NO - & it's killing me! I will be DS in his Big Brother shirt and then video chat with her when I do tell her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have not, I don't know!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh and I'll tell her as soon as DH lets me!
  • Options

Not yet but I talk to my mom every day and really want to tell her. I want to wait until after our 1st appt. She has a charm bracelet with initials for her two grandchildren (none from me) and I want to get her a blank charm (or one with the initial for our last name to exchange once the baby is born/named) to tell her.

How about you?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No.  I love her but she can't keep her mouth shut.

Last time I gave her a Grandma picture frame with the first u/s in it.  She was bawling.  This time we're getting DS1 a big brother shirt to wear on Thanksgiving.

image   image

• Options

Our first appointment is Oct. 26th, I'd like to wait until then since I'll be 8 weeks and if the cat does get out of the bag after I tell her "aka she posts it on FB for all the world to see"...then at least I'll be closer to 12 weeks than I am now. 

I'd like to tell her in person, but if that isn't possible, I'd like to do it over skype...have my youngest daughter wear the "I'm gonna be a big sister" tshirt and see if she notices it (which she probably won't)...and if she doesn't I think I'll just blurt it out.  We will see!

• Options
    Not yet and it's making me and DFH go crazy! We're waiting until my appt on Wed to get an EDD and (hopefully) a sonogram. We're going to put the sonogram in a frame and give it to them. If no sonogram, we'll just tell her that we were blessed with a little miracle. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Not yet.  I will have an early u/s around 6 weeks - if everything looks good then I will tell immediately after.
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options

No... she doesn't have a big mouth, but she wants to tell and she gets really antsy... and she lives right down the street so I have to deal with her craziness daily. lol

Since this is try #4 we're holding off for a little while.  PLUS my parents are going on an Alaskan cruise with their friends the week before my EDD so she is absolutely going to freak out.  When I told her we were trying again she actually told me "not while I'm in Alaska!" lol

BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
  • Options
    imageOO cupcakes OO:

No... she doesn't have a big mouth, but she wants to tell and she gets really antsy... and she lives right down the street so I have to deal with her craziness daily. lol

Since this is try #4 we're holding off for a little while.  PLUS my parents are going on an Alaskan cruise with their friends the week before my EDD so she is absolutely going to freak out.  When I told her we were trying again she actually told me "not while I'm in Alaska!" lol

This made me laugh.  Sounds just like my mother-in-law...heaven forbid I have a child that doesn't fit into her schedule!

• Options
    Not yet!  I am nervous to tell her and she can't keep a secret to save her life!  Right now, the only people who know are myself, my DH and my BFF.  I am going to wait until Halloween to tell her.  Thinking I'll give her a card or a flower arrangement and have it be from us and baby.
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • Options

I will tell my mom and MIL this weekend.  The first person I called when my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage was my mom, and I would do the same thing again.

To tell them, I found a Big Brother shirt (it's too big for him, since apparently it's hard to find any 12 mos size and under).  I plan on putting him in it when I visit each of them this weekend and see how long it takes them to figure it out.  :)  My guess is my MIL will notice right away and it will take my mom a bit longer. 

• Options

imagecjpreuss:
    NO - & it's killing me! I will be DS in his Big Brother shirt and then video chat with her when I do tell her.

This!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yes, we told our parents the day after we found out. Yes, it was early but we are optimistic and even if something happens, we would want their support.

When my mom was pregnant with me, she and my dad took her parents to a local restaurant to share the news. When we told them about our baby, DH and I took them out to lunch at that restaurant and even sat at the same booth. It was really cool.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No, we're telling our families after our first appt on the 19th.  My parents are OOT and we can't do Skype with them b/c they have crap internet, so I haven't decided yet how to tell them.  It'll probably end up being a conference call.  DH's parents and family are local and we plan on telling them the Sunday after our doctor's appt when we gather at the in-laws.  We're buying DD a shirt that probably will say, "Shhh, I have a secret" on the front and "I'm going to be a big sister" on the back.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    Not yet.  But, we're going down tonight so we'll tell both her and my dad tomorrow!
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Yes! She was the first person we told :)
    Mommy to Anniston (3), Eden (1), and baby on the way. Angel baby 4/2013
  • Options
    Yes i did but it was kind of an accident i went to the doctor and it just happened to be the same one she goes to and she was there as i was leaving and she said what are you doing here and i tryed to make up a story then i just couldnt lie so i just tould her
  • Options

I don't believe it yet, so definitely have not told my mom! 

I'm hoping DH will agree to tell all the parents by 6-8 weeks, but we'll see!  My FIL was just in town last weekend and kept asking about when he was going to be a grandfather, so it will be tough to keep it from them for very long! 

TTC #1 7/10, Me (31)- Dx DOR (AMH 0.6); DH (30)- normal
    BFP on Cycle #8. Natural M/C at ~8 weeks
    IUI #1 and #2 (8/12, 9/12)- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel = BFNs
    IVF #1 (EPP) 13R/10M/9F, 5DT 1-4AA blast, beta #1-148, beta #2-322, 5 frosties! 
     image  image  
  • Options
    I wrote "Baby D, June 2012" on a cake to tell DH last Thursday. (same day as BFP)  We stopped at my mothers house shortly after, and he asked me how I was going to tell them. I commented that I'd probably use a cake also.  He went home and got the cake, saying "we should just use the same one!"  He was so excited I think he needed to tell someone right away, and we're closer with my fam that his.  It turned out great, and I'm glad we'll have their support if something should come up.
  • Options

Not yet. I hope to get the chance tonight.

She knew I was planning on redecorating our spare bedroom anyway, so I may ask if she can pop by to give me her opinion on the layout.  Then I'll tape signs to the wall that say CRIB, ROCKING CHAIR, CHANGE TABLE etc.

If I can't get her to my house, I'll go to hers with a picture of a random nursery that I printed off, and then say "I changed my mind on how I want the spare room.  I'm now thinking something more along these lines" and hand her the pic.

**and no, I don't actually plan to start the nursery now... it's just my way of telling her since her and I like to do a lot of decorating and gardening together.

• Options
    Yes, she was the second person we told after my sister.  She lives in another state, so I told her over the phone.  I just said something like, "I'm pregnant."  And she said, "Oh I'm so happy."  Pretty basic. 
  • Options

imageToiKenne:
    Not yet!  I am nervous to tell her and she can't keep a secret to save her life!  Right now, the only people who know are myself, my DH and my BFF.  I am going to wait until Halloween to tell her.  Thinking I'll give her a card or a flower arrangement and have it be from us and baby.

Oh my gosh!  That's perfect!  I will take a photo of me with a costume on indicating I'm pregnant and send it to them....soooo fun! 

Ok, ideas needed now!

• Options
    EEEE! I'm excited! I havent told my mom yet and its killing me!!! We are super close, but i wanted to wait until Thanksgiving weekend (October 10th in Canada). We are having a family dinner, and we dont want ALL of the family to know yet as its so early so after dinner when everyone else has gone home, I plan to just let it out really casually while chatting to her and my dad. Sort of like "So, how do you guys feel about becoming Grandparents in June?" !!!!!! I cant wait for their reaction!!

Blessed with our beautiful girl May 30/2012 - BFP June 20th/2013 - Naturally MC June 30th/13.

BFP Aug 1/2013

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, she was the first person after DH to know. We are very close and live next door to each other. She has been there for me through my losses and is always there for my DD. She is the first person we call with good or bad news.
  • Options

No...not sure we will depending on what happens as we're kind of in limbo

Last time my husband told both of my parents together and they were so happy they both burst out crying. when we had the loss I know it was just as hard on them and I'd hate to put them through that again but I want to tell her so bad.

BFP #3 11/27/11, EDD 8/3/12 BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 8/1/11, Natural MC 8/12/11 6 weeks
    BFP #2 9/25/11, Natural MC 10/3/11 6 weeks

• Options
    I told her while the pee was still drying on the stick. I miscarried last time at 13 weeks 2 days, so I know that I would want her support again if something went wrong.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"