1st Trimester
Options

Elevated hCG levels?

I went to the doctor last week and everything seemed to be great. We could hear the heartbeat on the doppler loud and clear too. However, when my blood work came back, my hCG levels were extremely high (around 176,800). My Doctor said that although its in the normal range of a healthy singleton pregnancy, it could also mean twins or that I'm further along than we originally thought. Has anyone had a similar situation and could ease my mind as to the result? Google doesnt seem to help me on this one!

Re: Elevated hCG levels?

• Options

That would put you at about 7-8 weeks, how far along were you estimating?

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Im just about 9 weeks.  I thought it sounded normal but my Doctor said the normal average is usually around 85,000 so I was nervous as to what my level actually meant

• Loading the player...
  • Options

hCG levels for 7-8 weeks can range from 7,650 to 229,000 (which is a really broad spectrum) according to the reference I'm looking at in the book "What to expect when you're expecting".  But twins could be fun! :)

imageimage

• Options

I went for my blood work, when nurse called she said, "you're definately pregnant, your levels are really high..." and she told me the number but may have been in shock when she said that according to levels I'm about 8 or 9 weeks.

With my first son I showed at like 6 weeks. I thought I'd show faster with a second child, so now I'm freaking out that I'm maybe only like 4 weeks, but with twins! Going for ultrasound monday to figure this out....  Sorta freakin! :)

• Options

thank you for mentioning that book. i was just going to ask about the hcg levels & how to know what is what.

Since this seems like a good source, are there any recommended for men? My husband would like to learn as much as he can so he can understand better. (so sweet)

Thank you!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought my SO "Caveman's Guide to Pregnancy." It's really humorous, which is something that my SO is into. He read it, but he also recently (when I was 33 wks) read What to Expect When You're Expecting. I like Caveman's Guide because it had massage tips in it Wink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"