August 2011 Moms

Anyone else's kid not like them?

So DD is totally a daddy's girl, which is great because DH isn't really a baby kinda guy and it's really helped him bond with her. But it's been awful for me. I've cried a lot. And even DH can't deny that she clearly choses him. She'll fuss and cry all day for me and only want me to put my boob in her mouth all the freaking time, but as soon as DH comes home from work she calms down and sits with him on the couch watching sports center until he puts her to bed (which takes him about 30 minutes). When I try to put her to bed I'll try for over an hour and eventually give up and make DH put her to sleep. This is my first kid! Isn't she supposed to like me more? I can't be the only one who's kid favors their SO. Someone tell me I'm not alone.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else's kid not like them?

• DH can get DS to settle down without any problems. I, on the other hand, have to either nurse him or do some serious rocking. You're definitely not alone!
  • (((HUGS))) I'm sure it won't always be that way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Me!!! My husband seems to have an easier time. He says its because Lo cam sense my frustration. I don't know how else to stat happy when my lo seems to favor complete strangers to me

• It seems that my LO takes me for granted and is fascinated with DH. I do take it amiss sometimes but try to keep in mind that she KNOWS me (BTDT), while he's a novelty (who are you?). I heard that intially a babe can't differentiate itself from its mother, so to be taken for granted (e.g. as a boob) is a high honor.

TTC#1 2003, 5 angels above, IVF-PGS-FET, DD b. Aug-2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2 2012/13? FET

• imagesheryn2:
    It seems that my LO takes me for granted and is fascinated with DH. I do take it amiss sometimes but try to keep in mind that she KNOWS me (BTDT), while he's a novelty (who are you?). I heard that intially a babe can't differentiate itself from its mother, so to be taken for granted (e.g. as a boob) is a high honor.
    Ha ha. I don't feel very honorable right now! :) she does seem to only think of me as a boob, but the differentiating thing makes sense. We were sharing a body for 9 months! Hopefully soon she'll start realizing that I'm not her, and while I feed her with my boobs, those aren't hers either. Glad I'm not alone! Thanks ladies!
  • Oh girl, I totally feel the same and cry about it often! I thought it was in my head, but it happens a lot.  I think that's how it goes though.  Kids always take mommy for granted, but we are very much relied upon and needed.  Dads aren't there all day, they just get the calm, fun baby at night.  Don't worry too much, they are so young, you guys will have a tight bond forever!  Who doesn't love their mom??
  • You are not alone.  My son is not a fussy guy, but he gives gorgeous gummy smiles to literally everyone EXCEPT me!  His first smile was at my sister who was staying with us for a week and a half Sad

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• DH seems to think that DD prefers me to him but I think it has to do with him always trying to use the football hold with her.  But I have to remember that Dada or some form of it is often LOs first word and we are the ones that are usually always around them.  So unfair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD just started "liking" me this week, as more than a boob. She was daddy's girl from birth until maybe Wednesday.. now she wants more to do with me. I think she is starting to learn who we are & what we do.. so maybe I'm not just a boob anymore but I'm also fun to look at & play with! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"