Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Someone quick! I need a drink! (long vent)

DD is teething and will not sleep for more than a minute in her crib. Even on me, she kicks and cries (waiting for tylenol to kick in, cross your fingers for me). My lasagna was reheated twice and rubbery. As I was paying bills, my internet decided to have a hissy fit.

And to top it all off:

MH is being supremely douchetastic.He suddenly decided that he wants to let DD CIO. This is after a huge amount of discussing why I didn't want to and him agreeing while pregnant. But he talked to "other people" and they think we need to let her cry. Oh and add the fact that, nighttime, he has gotten her...ready? Once. Yep, once. Because I'm home and he works on average 14 hour days. I have no problem with our arrangement but stop telling me what to do when you're not even the one doing it! And CIO will do nothing for teething. Idiot!

Re: Someone quick! I need a drink! (long vent)

• So sorry.  I hope K gets some comfort tonight and is able to sleep.  Do you use any kind of teething tablets too?  

And honestly I say if you're the one home during the day, you get to trump him on that...because you are the one who spends more time caring for her, you get the final say because how she does at night will affect her mood during the day (not to say that what he does isn't important but you know what I mean).  Good luck tonight!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCupcakeKaper:

So sorry.  I hope K gets some comfort tonight and is able to sleep.  Do you use any kind of teething tablets too?  

And honestly I say if you're the one home during the day, you get to trump him on that...because you are the one who spends more time caring for her, you get the final say because how she does at night will affect her mood during the day (not to say that what he does isn't important but you know what I mean).  Good luck tonight!!!! 

Totally agree with this. You are the one that tends to her most often, including nights, so I think you should be able to do whatever works best for you and your DD. Sorry you've had a rough day, hopefully she (and you!) will get some rest tonight.

• Loading the player...
  • I get anxious when he cries, and I could not let E cry it out.  He may fuss for a bit, or cry while I'm making his bottle or using the bathroom, but that's it. 

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I can't do CIO, I'd have an attack. I just can't handle it. Fussing, eh, I can let her fuss for a good while. During the day, I talk to her and tell her to be patient, and she usually continues fussing or pouts depending. But at night, she goes full blown wailing in 2 seconds flat. He can't handle so he gets worked up and says to just let her cry and other equally stupid things. She seems to be doing good so I'm going to try putting her in her crib again. Please let her stay asleep this time!

Kaper, no, we haven't yet. I'm was thinking of picking some up tomorrow.

• I agree with PPs ... You should have the final say. 

I am in a similar situation.  MH decided randomly one day he wanted to do CIO. Also, due to outside influence of some sort. I can't do it.

I hope she gets some relief and sleep. I hope the same for you. 

We have used the baby Orajel before, it seemed to help her fall back asleep. 

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe you can give her alittle tylenol at night to stop the pain so she can fall asleep. during the day you could try putting frozen or cold fruit in her teething net or even an ice cube (maybe to numb it) . Good luck, and dont stress too much over being the one who does it all..I think 99% are the same.. they want to play with them  a few minutes but leave everything else to us.
  • imageLoveMaBaybee:
    imageCupcakeKaper:

So sorry.  I hope K gets some comfort tonight and is able to sleep.  Do you use any kind of teething tablets too?  

Totally agree with this. You are the one that tends to her most often, including nights, so I think you should be able to do whatever works best for you and your DD. Sorry you've had a rough day, hopefully she (and you!) will get some rest tonight.

I don't 100% agree with this. H is home with K all day but I get up with her at night. I do not want to CIO so regardless of what H wants we are not it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you've had a rough day Sad teething's a biitch, so far Ronan's definitely keeping to the pattern of every 2 months he'll have about a week of full blown, horrible tooth cutting agony and pop through what seems to be half a billion teeth (really usually 2) and his mood tonight and the waterfall of drool coming out of his maw is a signal of the beginning. I keep a couple frozen bananas in the freezer in ziplocs for it, then I just pop a chunk in his mesh feeder and it works wonders. I may or may not also spike his night time bottle with tylenol Confused I admit to nothing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20110505/fda-warns-about-teething-medication

We opted not to use teething tablets or baby orajel.

We use Tylenol when he's really uncomfortable - he kind of bites down hard on his burp cloth.  We also let him use a cool wash cloth, and he chews on that.  He won't take a traditional teether.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMom2Oli:
    So, if you are a stay at home mom, your husband doesn't get a say in parenting? That's wonderful. No wonder your husbands don't do anything with your child beyond playing. Why would they, if you are going to put them down or completely ignore their suggestions? And if they truly don't do anything more than paying with their children, they are dbags. My husband does Oli's bath every night and we alternate wh gets up at night with him. We are co-parents,no? He's a father, not just the sperm donor. And to whoever said "CIO or other stupid things," it might not work for your child or you might not be willing to try but for some of us, CIO was a lifesaver. Took 2 nights and the kid sleeps so much better. Not through the night but oh so much better. So, to the OP, CIO might not be your option, and you might just want to tell your husband that you don't feel comfortable doing it.

Hmm, let's see. First, I didn't say CIO was stupid or imply it. I said: "he says to just let her cry and other equally stupid things". If you know CIO, you are aware that it is not "just letting them cry". So what he said was stupid because it showed he didn't know what he was talking about. You will note I don't refer to CIO as stupid even though it isn't my choice. A little quote fail?

Also, there is a big difference between not getting a say in parenting and making a decision on something they have nothing to do with. If YH never changed a diaper, would you let him make the decision on whether to use disposables or cloth regardless of what you wanted? And no one said anything about putting them down or ignoring them.

So...DH busting his butt working 14+ hour days, being exhausted, barely being home, etc.  so that I can stay home with DD is being a dbag? FYI, he does do more than play with her. But you wouldn't know that because we were only talking about bed time. I love when people make assumptions.

ETA: Sorry if I'm a bit bitchy, I've had 3 hours sleep and no coffee yet.

• imageMom2Oli:
    I'd have a problem if my husband had never changed a diaper. When Oliver was born, my husband had a 2 hr commute each way and he still did his share of parenting - feeding, burping, bathing, and yes changing a diaper and getting up in the middle of the night

It was an analogy. Which apparently you missed.

imageMom2Oli:
    imageOctGirl80:

Also, there is a big difference between not getting a say in parenting and making a decision on something they have nothing to do with.

the is nothing in your child's life this comment should apply to - "nothing to do with." he's the father, he should have equal say in almost everything, I say almost because maybe he shouldn't be able to say how you should breastfeed the baby since he obviously can't do that, but beyond that, I cannot imagine what it would be that he wouldn't get to have a say in his own child's rearing.

DH usually goes to bed before DD. How would you like him to be involved in her bedtime? I suppose he could cut his sleep short and just be tired while driving his Mack truck across the state.Sad Once again...image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"