December 2011 Moms

So Flippin Irratated!!!!! (Obvious vent)

As I metioned earlier this week, my 1 hr GTT test showed an elevated risk for GD, promopting the 3 hr GTT (which was today), but it also showed anemia, which i have battled in the past. Nurse phoned in a high dollar supplement to my pharmacy, but told me to wait till I came in today to pick up a valuable coupon.  So I did...the first clua at how this whole thing would go down should have been that the coupon was for $20 off (OMG!!!!)

So I go to my pharmacy and sure enough the scrip is waiting, and costs $80+.  They asked me to confirm my insurance since I hadn't been there in over a year, and of course my employer had switched providers since....

Well wouldn't you know it, the new insurance won't verify..says it expired 4 yrs ago...um the policy just went live January 1 2011...the poor pharmacist is trying to get the ins lady on the phone to help, rep is less than helpful.... grrrrr...I really need that $$$ counted towards my deductible, but finally with my family getting restless I renig and just tell them I will pay for it..

The coupon brings the total into the $60 range, and I whip out the Benny card (our medical visa from work) which is plenty valid....except it is then denied... WTF!?!?!?!

Call the Benny line...closed until Monday....

I thanked the pharmacist profusely for all her time, made a few half-hearted joking complaints about these issues, and told them I would come back to pick up the supplement on Monday....went to my car and cried..

All in all, an hour of my families time wasted, thank the Lord for a wonderful husband who not ony kept DD occucpied, but then bought us all a coffee afterward.

Ok...I'm done...thanks for listening!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So Flippin Irratated!!!!! (Obvious vent)

• Wow. I can certainly understand why your frustrated. I hope it all works out better for you on Monday.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Assuming your supplement is just iron (ferrous sulfate is what I was prescribed), why not just buy it over the counter? Otherwise, hopefully your insurance issues will be solved Monday.
    DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh!  What a hassle. I had a similar issue when I switched insurance.  It took months to get everything straightened out.  (One company paid for something they shouldn't have, and I had to sort it out amongst the two companies.)

I agree with the pp.  Look into over the counter.  When I got my diabetes diagnoses my doctors office gave me a meter and a script for the lancets and test strips.  Well, when I went to pick them up they would have cost over $100 after insurance.  The pharmacist,  took me to the over the counter supplies and helped me pick a meter, strips, and lancets, that cost half of what just the test strips were going to cost me.  (Bless her heart!)  I never meet my pharmaceutical deductible anyways, so I was really pleased with her guidance.  Ask your pharmacist or doctor about it. 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagehisbeautyalways:
    Assuming your supplement is just iron (ferrous sulfate is what I was prescribed), why not just buy it over the counter? Otherwise, hopefully your insurance issues will be solved Monday.

I would except the OTC I would have to take 3x's a day, and NOT w/ the prenatal, so that is remembering to take 4 pills a day at different times (I berely remember 1) Plus I can not use the benefits card for OTC, and to buy the month supply would cost more, come out of my household budget and not count towards my deductible (which applies to all medical and prescription)

If I can't get it resolved Moday, I will buy a small amount of the OTC..but I am pretty sure I can hollar enough to make the insurance idiots fix things! LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"