February 2012 Moms
Options

Now sounds like DH won't be here for u/s

Ugh.  DH found out today that they are already getting a 4 day pass for Friday-Monday.  Which means if he wanted leave he would have to use 5 days of leave time instead of just getting a 4 day pass.  He probably doesn't have 5 days of leave or he just has about that but then if he uses it for the u/s then he will barely have any leave for Christmas so he probably wouldn't come up in time for the u/s.  

He then asks if I can just change the appointment.  No I can't change it.  I told before that I wouldn't be changing it the week before.  I already took and got approved for the thursday appointment.  I can't change it to another day even IF they had an opening.  I know he wants to be here but I feel like he expects me to accomadate to the Army's craziness because I've been able to in the past with previous jobs.  Well now I have a "real" job where I just can't easily change my schedule, or go with out pay.  Ugh.  So frustrating.  I was so excited thinking he would be able to make it up here in time... 

Not to mention we just spent $290 on a plane ticket since his Sgt said he would probably get approved for the pass.  Very angry, sad, upset pregnant lady, party of 1. 

Re: Now sounds like DH won't be here for u/s

• Options

Sorry Jess ((HUGS))  That sucks!  Maybe you can record it so you can send him a video to watch.  Will the airline let you move that ticket to later or use it as credit for a future flight?  

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    imageCluckyEV:

Sorry Jess ((HUGS))  That sucks!  Maybe you can record it so you can send him a video to watch.  Will the airline let you move that ticket to later or use it as credit for a future flight?  

Not sure what we can do.  Its through Delta and as far as I know they charge a 150 charge for changing it.  He would probably just fly in a day later and leave a day later.  We'll see what they say.  Of course they can never give a direct answer or a quick one at that.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageicajesica82:
    imageCluckyEV:

Not sure what we can do.  Its through Delta and as far as I know they charge a 150 charge for changing it.  He would probably just fly in a day later and leave a day later.  We'll see what they say.  Of course they can never give a direct answer or a quick one at that.   

Oh yeah, I fly quite a bit with Delta.  Unfortunately, I get it.  Maybe you can have them put the gender in an envelope and you can open it together.  It does suck that he can't be there.

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    Oh, man, that really sucks!! I am so sorry. :(
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Tell Delta that the flight was for your husband who is in the Army. Sometimes they can accommodate service members, but sometimes you also have to find the right person. Ask for managers if the person you speak with isn't budging. And sometimes just calling back and getting a different rep works. It'd be worth a try. 

I'm so sorry your husband can't be there for the u/s now. I know it was very important to you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedanaekristen:

Tell Delta that the flight was for your husband who is in the Army. Sometimes they can accommodate service members, but sometimes you also have to find the right person. Ask for managers if the person you speak with isn't budging. And sometimes just calling back and getting a different rep works. It'd be worth a try. 

I'm so sorry your husband can't be there for the u/s now. I know it was very important to you. 

Last time I tried that they claimed that it is "job related" so they wouldn't budge.  I was PISSED to say the least.  But maybe your right.  Trying to find the right person, Thanks Danae 

• Options

I'm sorry.  I know how you feel.  My DH won't be there either because he will be sitting in a combine.  I was  bummed at first, but I'm a farmer's wife so I know what comes first in October!  I am excited though because I am going to buy an outfit and wrap it and surprise him!  So I'm really excited for that!

Hang in there!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"