Success after IF
Options

Still a rockstar...despite the circumstances.

So my younger brother is getting married next Saturday.  My Dad can't walk far and is just really pretty weak in general.  He's decided he wants to roll up into the wedding on a Segway.  haha!  That's Dad, spunky as hell and the eternal rockstar. 

So I'm on the hunt for one to rent.  I don't think he'll be able to handle one honestly...they're so sensitive and he's so weak and I'm not sure about his balance...but maybe if he tries it he could.  He's ALWAYS wanted to ride one too...so I think it'd be two birds with one stone.  Ya know?  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Still a rockstar...despite the circumstances.

• Options
    that's awesome!!  very cool idea!  I hope you can find one to rent!
  • Options

totally not the same thing, but perhaps a bicycle built for two?

or hell.. rent a chopper, and they can take the B&G away afterwards. lol. (what the hell, it's just money, haha)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

He's so cool!  I see Segways all over here.  There's a rental place just down the street.  I know it's Hawaii, but I can get you the number.  Maybe they know rental places all over the US?  Just a thought if you want some help...

ETA: here's the website:

https://www.segwayofhawaii-kailua.com/ 

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options
    imagepandabearlover:

He's so cool!  I see Segways all over here.  There's a rental place just down the street.  I know it's Hawaii, but I can get you the number.  Maybe they know rental places all over the US?  Just a thought if you want some help...

ETA: here's the website:

https://www.segwayofhawaii-kailua.com/ 

Thank you so much!  I found a dealer that rents them, but they require him to go on a "tour" with them.  He can't handle that.  But thank you so much for your help!  I might end up calling them anyway just to see where it leads me.  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What about a 3 wheel Segway? Might be easier to ride. Our local mall security guards ride them around. Maybe you can swing a deal with a local mall to borrow one?
    siggy should be here!
  • Options

imagemmttc1:
    What about a 3 wheel Segway? Might be easier to ride. Our local mall security guards ride them around. Maybe you can swing a deal with a local mall to borrow one?

Great idea!  I'll have to contact one.  I work with very influential real estate brokers in the area...so hopefully one of them will have a contact for me.  We'll see.  :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is amazing.  Go for it.  We had a very close friend of ours that was an avid sailor.  He had a trach and was dying.  He wanted to sail in his boat (a 14 foot racing sailboat).  He knew the risks if the boat tipped or if he was too weak and fell out...did not matter to him.  It was his passion we made it happen.  Meant the world to him
  • Options

Awesome!

I will say, if you haven't been on one, they do require a pretty good sense of balance and ab muscles, so it might not work.

Maybe he could go up the aisle in an ATV? A scooter?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sounds like it would be cool, but Segways are really hard to ride. I only did it once but it does really take a lot of balance and you have to be able to make it go, too much leaning and it picks up speed really fast. I was afriad most of the hour I was on it.

I like the idea of a 3 wheel one if they make those. Or a trike, like a motorcycle one.

Sorry about your dad.

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Your dad is just awesome.  :) 
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!