Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: What's "weird" about you?

Do you have any "weird" quirks? My friends and I were talking about this the other night at dinner..we all had several habits, or quirks that the others found strange. Here are some of mine:

I hate cotton balls, can't stand the feel of them

I have to make our bed every morning, I cannot leave the house with making it, even if I am running late

I have to check that the doors are locked every night, even if I know that I've already locked them

I have a small birthmark that is the shape of the United States on my right hand. (Not really a habit, or a quirk, but strange/cool nonetheless)

Tell me what's "weird" about you!

Patiently waiting for our 1st since 9/2010.
Dealing with MFI, good count, good motility, 3% morph-HSG all clear, all other test results came back normal, IUI is our next step
May 2012- Clomid 50mg + IUI = BFN
June- Cycle Break
July- Forced cycle break due to cysts
August- Femara, Trigger, IUI#2= ?

Re: GTKY: What's "weird" about you?

• Options

When I eat toast I have to cut it into triangles.  That's how my mom did it when I was little, and that's how it still has to be done today.

I cannot put my face under water.  Can't even put it directly in the shower spray.  I feel like I'm suffocating.  

All of my paper money has to face the same way in my wallet.  It cannot be upside down, or backwards, or all crumpled up. And it must be in numerical order.

There's probably more I can't think of, but those are the ones I get made fun of for. Stick out tongue

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I can do very weird things with my lips, that a bunch of internet strangers can't see. It basically looks like the top of my mouth goes this way <-- and the bottom goes this way---> I'm a freak.

I also hate the feeling of clean laundry. I hate folding it right out of the dryer, it makes my hands feel funny.

I also like the toliet paper with the sheet to grab on top. It makes way more sense that way.

We are all freaks in some ways I guess, haha.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagethekikimonster:
    I have to sleep in a fortress of 3 blankets and 4 pillows.

I do this also!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLilMrsK0522:

All of my paper money has to face the same way in my wallet.  It cannot be upside down, or backwards, or all crumpled up. And it must be in numerical order.

Yes I have no idea how my husband can stand having everything all jumbled in there, not to mention his hoarding of receipts. Oy!

When eating ice cream out of the carton, I use a fork. Same with peanut butter or nutela, though it?s been a while since I have had those.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

MH tells me I'm weird all the time.  It's more the things that come out of my mouth than the things I do.  He's actually been keeping a list of the crazy things I say.  I always tell him that life would be boring if I was normal ;)

Aside from my um, sayings, I have a bit of OCD that leads to odd behaviors.  For example, if I'm eating crackers or chips or something, I eat them in order of size.  Small, broken pieces first, larger or whole pieces last.  I also hold my breath when walking by people until the waft of air passes so I don't have to smell them.  And I HAVE to wash my hands after shaking someone else's.  Ick. 

Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I CANNOT touch ice.  The thought that it might stick to my fingers freaks me out.

I sleep all of my head under my comforter except for a little space for my nose and mouth to get cool, fresh air.

Brushed metal is hideous to touch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Either I'm a big weirdo either, or none of these things are that strange, because I do  most of the things posted by OP and PPs so far. I absolutely hate nail files or anything grainy like sand paper. It makes me nauseous. Even having to think about it enough to type this is making me sick. 

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options

If you asked my friends & family, they'd say everything I do is weird. Some examples:

I do my laundry loads in order from dark to light. I can't do it the other way around.

Soup spoons and tea spoons cannot be next to each other in my flatware drawer. Neither can dinner forks and salad forks.

I feel really bad when I kill anything (like insects) and tell them I'm sorry for killing them. (I don't do this out loud anymore.)

I can't sleep without a fan (even if I'm freezing) and at least 3 blankets (even if it's a billion degrees). And my feet must never be covered.

• Options
    imageeikome:

If you asked my friends & family, they'd say everything I do is weird. Some examples:

I do my laundry loads in order from dark to light. I can't do it the other way around.

Soup spoons and tea spoons cannot be next to each other in my flatware drawer. Neither can dinner forks and salad forks.

I feel really bad when I kill anything (like insects) and tell them I'm sorry for killing them. (I don't do this out loud anymore.)

I can't sleep without a fan (even if I'm freezing) and at least 3 blankets (even if it's a billion degrees). And my feet must never be covered.

Are you my long lost twin?! lol!  

I hate having my face wet.  When I'm in the shower, I have my towel readily available so I can easily wipe my face.  

• Options
    I leave cabinets and drawers open all over the house. It is not out of laziness either because I am a clean and neat person. I have no clue why I do it but it kind of freaks me out when I walk into the kitchen and all of the doors are open. Maybe this is a subconscious way of creating a little disorder in my mostly neat house.
    party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug GBCB- Leaving the bump in protest of the new changes. No privacy= no bump for me.
  • Options

Well, I don't think these things are weird, but apparently my DH does.  When asked, he gave me this list:

* I still eat Ramon noodles at times (that's not the weird part), and I use a fork to eat them (THAT is the weird part, apparently)

* I refuse to use the "big spoon and big fork".  I only use the "little ones". * I actually prefer small items in general.  I like the loveseat vs the couch, I only use my juice glasses to drink juice (why would I use a non-juice glass for juice, DUH?!) and I always find a use for the tiny tupperware containers.  (they are pretty cute!)

* My elbows are double jointed.

* The tip of my nose moves like a rabbit's when I talk.

Whatever!  Sounds totally normal to me.  :)

LO 2.0 on the way!  BFP 11/11/13, EDD 7/26/14

DS born 6/15/12, BFP 10/7/11, HB @7w 114

• Options
    imagetayray1:

Do you have any "weird" quirks? My friends and I were talking about this the other night at dinner..we all had several habits, or quirks that the others found strange. Here are some of mine:

I hate cotton balls, can't stand the feel of them

I have to make our bed every morning, I cannot leave the house with making it, even if I am running late

I have to check that the doors are locked every night, even if I know that I've already locked them

I have a small birthmark that is the shape of the United States on my right hand. (Not really a habit, or a quirk, but strange/cool nonetheless)

Tell me what's "weird" about you!

I hate cotton balls too!! also cant stand velour, especially when its wet. shudder. 

DS: June 2012
    MC: July 2015 8w5d

• Options

I don't like the feeling of wet sweaters... ugh.  They make my teeth hurt.

I HATE holes.  I cannot watch the Disney movie "Holes". Perfect circular holes urk me.  They make me think of pores or holes in your skins that bugs can crawl in and out of.  To make that weird one worse, a co-worker once sent me photoshopped and unphotoshopped images of a lady with magots coming out of her nipples... *gag*

Oh, and I blow on my food when someone near me burps while I'm eating (I'm lowing the burp off).  I don't even notice doing it anymore, but I get called on it when people see me doing it. 

pregnancy
  • Options
    imageMichelle_G:

* I still eat Ramon noodles at times (that's not the weird part), and I use a fork to eat them (THAT is the weird part, apparently)

* I refuse to use the "big spoon and big fork".  I only use the "little ones". * I actually prefer small items in general.  I like the loveseat vs the couch, I only use my juice glasses to drink juice (why would I use a non-juice glass for juice, DUH?!) and I always find a use for the tiny tupperware containers.  (they are pretty cute!)

These too.

Eating ramon with a fork is odd? I guess I make it very little liquid so it just seems like very wet noodles to me lol.

• Options

I refuse to kill spiders in our house because I'm afraid their families will attack me if they see me kill their child/brother/mom/whathaveyou

I can turn my feet around backwards and bend my knees forward. It got my into a lot of trouble in ballet because my turnout would go from elegant to super freaky without my noticing

I can't use a public bathroom. I will ONLY go in my house, or in my hotel room. 

• Options
    I have to sleep with socks on. Even if is it the middle of summer.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imageMichelle_G:

So not weird!  I do the same things.  

Seriously, how can you eat Ramen noodles with a spoon?!!  That's just crazy.  I always drink juice out of juice glasses and I have an obsession with using the smallest tupperware containers possible, even if I have to cram stuff into them ;) 

Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

• Options
    I have a big problem with fruit or fruit flavors mixed with other things, ie: fruit flavored cake, ice cream, most candies, and ANYTHING with fruit and dairy just grosses me out like smoothies...yuck!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Options
    I grind my teeth (left to right- more of a jaw movement, I guess) to the beat or lyrics of songs.  I've done this since I was a kid and I have no idea why.
  • Options
    imagebunnymay:
    imageeikome:

Are you my long lost twin?! lol!  

I hate having my face wet.  When I'm in the shower, I have my towel readily available so I can easily wipe my face.  

Lol. I thought I was the only one!

I also sometimes feel bad segregating my forks and spoons from each other. Like I'm some kind of flatware fascist. Another weirdness: anthropomorphizing inanimate objects.

• Options

I have a hard time taking money out of people's hands. Like at the store when they are giving me change. 

I also use only small spoons and forks.

I'm pretty obsessed about the smell of my house, I have plug in air fresheners in my house 100% of the time, and lots of refills so I never run out. I'm also a sales consultant for a flameless candle type company and have those going almost 100% of the time as well. :/

• Options

When I was PG with DD, I craved dirt.. Not just any dirt: Dry, summer, find-on-the-baseball-field, crumble-in-your-hand type dirt... I would have dreams about stuffing my face when nobody was looking.  (luckily, temptation passed after I was no longer PG lol)

I, too, need to be surrounded with pillows when I sleep: 2 for my head, 1 for back support, and 1 to "snuggle".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

When I make grilled cheese, I have to cut it diagonally. All other sandwiches, I cut vertically, but grilled cheese must be cut on the diagonal.

When I do the dishes, I ALWAYS do them in this order: Cutting boards, plates/dishes (biggest to smallest), glasses, serving utensils, knives, flatware, plastic containers, then their lids, pots and pans.  It never, ever varies, and it kind of freaks me out when DH does the dishes and does it in a different order.

This is one that DH pointed out to me: I apparently leave little piles of stuff around the house as I go about my day. He says he could trace exactly what I did all day by looking at the piles. It's not like I'm a slob, I just generally pick up when I get home from work at night. 

• Options
    I still like my sandwiches cut in half.

• Options
    imagekrysbb521:
    imageBartsGirl:

I CANNOT touch ice.  The thought that it might stick to my fingers freaks me out.

I sleep all of my head under my comforter except for a little space for my nose and mouth to get cool, fresh air.

Brushed metal is hideous to touch.

I CANNOT chew ice!!!!! The thought of it just freaks me OUT!!!!

Oh Hells No!  I can't eat popsicles for this exact reason!

• Options

I'm allergic to Banana's and carry an epi-pen because of it. I don't think it's weird but every one I tell says "That's so weird! Who's allergic to Banana's!?" I AM!

I can't get into bed at night unless the bed is made perfectly. Sometimes if DH climbs into bed before me and the blankets are messed up, I'll have to make him get out of bed so I can remake the bed to get in. What's funny is he's always laughed at me for it until Sunday night when I was so sick and tired that I just fell into bed. He climbed in and was like "What's wrong with the blankets, they don't feel right...didn't you make the bed!?"

I can bend my fingers at the joint closest to my finger tips without bending my knuckles. It creeps people out lol

My sister and I have the same beauty mark (A Freckle) on the exact same toe in the exact same spot.

Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMichelle_G:

Well, I don't think these things are weird, but apparently my DH does.  When asked, he gave me this list:

* My elbows are double jointed.

* The tip of my nose moves like a rabbit's when I talk.

Whatever!  Sounds totally normal to me.  :)

Me too!!

Patiently waiting for our 1st since 9/2010.
    Dealing with MFI, good count, good motility, 3% morph-HSG all clear, all other test results came back normal, IUI is our next step
    May 2012- Clomid 50mg + IUI = BFN
    June- Cycle Break
    July- Forced cycle break due to cysts
    August- Femara, Trigger, IUI#2= ?
  • Options

I count my steps. When I get to my destination, the counter starts over.

If I start walking up a flight of stairs on my right foot, I HAVE to end on my left foot. Even if that means I have to turn around and re-do a few steps. Same goes for cracks. One with my right, one with my left--otherwise one leg feels heavier than the other.

I am TERRIFIED of cardboard. The sound of a cardboard box opening sends me into a panic attack.

I cannot use wooden pencils. I hate unfinished wood in any form. It freaks me the fvck out.

• Options

imageLollipopsAndCrisps:
    Either I'm a big weirdo either, or none of these things are that strange, because I do  most of the things posted by OP and PPs so far. I absolutely hate nail files or anything grainy like sand paper. It makes me nauseous. Even having to think about it enough to type this is making me sick. 

Ugh, snadpaper, OMG... I forgot about that. And ditto on the nail files  ::shudder::

• Options

I have a very strong aversion to touching paper and dry, unvarnished wood, and cardboard (depending on my mood that day, sometimes I don't have a problem with the cardboard).  Touching it can be like hearing nails on a chalkboard at times. 

• Options
    imageBearWombat:

I have a very strong aversion to touching paper and dry, unvarnished wood, and cardboard (depending on my mood that day, sometimes I don't have a problem with the cardboard).  Touching it can be like hearing nails on a chalkboard at times. 

Is it magnified if you have just put lotion on your hands?

• Options

I can't use a wood pencil. I have to lick my lips the entire time. The same goes for coloring.

I hate styrofoam, it actually makes my skin crawl.

I do my dishes in a specif order and who ever does dishes in my house has to do them in the same order or I freak out. Glasses first with the silverware, then bowls, plates, tupperware, pots/pans, mixing bowls, cutting boards.

I hate drains, they freak me out. I actually can't be in the bath when the plug is pulled, I have a panic attack. 

When locking a door I have to lock it and unlock it three times before I believe it's actually locked. (I have OCD that I am medicated for but this is a lingering one that won't go away) 

Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • Options
    imageatlb:
    imageBearWombat:

Is it magnified if you have just put lotion on your hands?

Personally, I find that lotion helps the paper "stick" more, so it doesn't feel so dry and therefore doesn't bother me as much.  If I put lotion on and/or lightly lick my fingers while handling the paper, I don't have too much of a problem.  Some days, though, I have a hard time functioning.  I'm a research scientist, so I have to write up a lot of lab reports by hand, so I handle a lot of paper, which can be a problem.  Sometimes lab reports will build up for days solely because I don't want to touch the paper.  It gets bad.

• Options

This is thread for me... lol.  I have been diagnosed with "OCD tendencies".  When I told my family that the doctor said that, they were like "no kidding?!?".  Smile 

----------------------------------- 

Napkins gross me out... Not just used one, unused ones too.  I don't like to use them.  And I won't touch one if someone else may have possibly touched it - even if it isn't dirty.

When I turn off the lights in my house, the switch motion and sound has to feel and sound right.  If it doesn't, I'll do it over and over until it does.  Lately, I'll do it 3 times and finally ask DH to just do it.

My money has to be in order from largest to smallest in my pocket or wallet.  If it isn't, I'm uncomfortable and feel like things out of control in there.

I tear the corners off pieces of paper and roll it up into little balls.  No idea why.  And there is a fine line between an acceptable tear.. and a tear that is too much.  Too much bothers me.

When I write on paper, if I mess up one letter or the writing doesn't look like I want, I'll throw it away and start over.

If I'm eating candy, I have to eat even numbers.. and if there is more than one color of the candy, never the same color at once.

-----------------------------------

I could go on... lol.

Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • Options

I have a weird thing about belly buttons.  I can't stand to see someone touch/poke their belly button or someone else's.  It literally makes me gag and want to throw up.  (Ironically, I had my belly button pierced at one time and that didn't bother me at all.)

I microwave my ice cream for 13 seconds before I eat it and I have to eat it with a baby spoon.  It lasts longer.  My husband thinks I'm insane because it will take me 30 minutes to eat a whole bowl.

I freak out if a napkin is ripped or torn in some way.  Whole napkins are fine, but please...keep them in one piece.  Same with tissues.

• Options
    I reorganize my dishwasher if someone else loads it. Sometimes even if I'm at someone else's house. 
  • Options

This thread is making me feel a little more normal. Lol.

I hate fist bumping. High fives are fine, fist bumps weird me out.

I always count my steps when I go up or down stairs. I used to do it other times too, but I've stopped sometime in the last few years.

My clothes all have to go on the hanger facing the same way.

I spin my pens in my hand every few words as I write. I didn't notice this until I used a felt tip pen that didn't work on one side and I was having issues with it. It was really hard to keep writing with the same side.

• Options

I always sleep on my right side.  Can't fall asleep any other way.

Little dogs bother me...teacup poodles, wiener dogs, chihuahas, anything smaller than a football. 

Windmills freak me out.  Not the old Dutch kind...the new ones that are super quiet and just pop up out of nowhere (at least here in the Finger Lakes).

I suck at the Wii.  Doesn't matter what game. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"