June 2011 Moms

Depressed???

I am not sure what is going on with me right now... I feel like I could cry at the drop of a dime. I am just not feeling right...

All that really matters to me is the baby. I could care less about work, the house, my poor hubby, if dinner gets done ect. I mean I go through the motions and do the stuff that needs to be done and make sure that DH is kissed and told I love you.

Since I had to go back to work this feeling has gotten worse. My LO is with my inlaws during the day (my inlaws are amazing and I love them dearly). But I feel like when I pick her up I have missed so much. I feel kinda distant from her, almost like she is not mine she is theirs... it is such a weird feeling. It just makes me so sad. She does give me HUGE smiles when she see's me for the first time when I get home. But I miss her so much during the day...

I never thought I would want to be a SAHM but now I am regretting not discussing this option with my DH before we were prego. I am feeling like I have animosity towards DH for not understanding how I want to be home with her and not figuring out how to make that happen. But really I should not have these feelings, it isnt his fault.... I never thought this is what I would want... But now I would give ANYTHING To stay home with her!

I am afraid I may be a little depressed or may have some depression coming on... I dont think DH will understand if I tell him how I am feeling... :( I need to snap out of this funk fast! UGH...

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image

Re: Depressed???

• So sorry-- feeling similar-- I kind of wondered the other day if she liked the daycare teacher more than me :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Please please please get some help. Even if it's not full on PPD, it sure sounds like you could use someone to talk to about it, a professional who knows all the right things to say. I'm a HUGE proponent of therapy because it has worked for me a few times in my life when I'd really been struggling.  Please talk to someone and I hope that things work out.  Keep us posted!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know exactly how you feel- sometimes I just can't snap out of this funk. I am not crying or feeling super sad, I just don't feel like myself. I am a SAHM, so don't think that you would be immune if you stayed home. I used to be a work-a-holic, and now I kind of miss having something to do. I know that the best "work" I can do is to be with my LO, but I can't help but feel like I'm not being productive to society or that no one would even miss me if I was gone.

I was thinking about talking to a counselor about it or maybe getting a part time job doing something I have interest in- maybe the Hallmark store. 

Could you work PT? If not, then talk to someone. And for the record, your LO will never prefer ANYONE over you- you are his/her mother. Your LO knew you for 9 months and will always chose you! I used to work at a daycare, and even though the kids were with us more than their parents during the week, nothing compared to their moms!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"