September 2011 Moms

40 Weeks + UTI

Hi Ladies :)

Yesterday I had my 40 week appt. and found out I am 1cm dilated (yay), but not effaced at all.  I was also diagnosed with a uti.  I know that while being treated for a uti, the convention is to avoid sex until it's cleared up.  So now I'm wondering if we should stop having sex to soften my cervix, or if it's really not a huge deal to continue having sex for a few more days (in the hope that it will help things progress more quickly towards delivery).  Of course, I thought of this question right *after* leaving the doctor.  I will probably end up calling later today and see what the doc says, but I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this?  TIA! 

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: 40 Weeks + UTI

• Hope you got info.

I had the beginning stages of a UTI at my appointment a couple days before my water broke, but I didn't ask about sex because DH was already too freaked out to have sex by this point lol.

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't think the benefits of the sperm on the cervix would outweigh the issues of sex w/a UTI. I wouldn't risk it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"