New to The Bump

Gestational Diabetes

I am 30 weeks pregnant and was just told i failed my 3 hr gtt....i must say i am feeling like i dont want to do the blood sugar checks am i the only one who feels this way? especially when the diet is enough to deal with? did anyone ever get diagnosed with GD and not have to check blood sugar levels or have they just opted not to?

Re: Gestational Diabetes

• I had it with my DS.  I was diagnosed right around 28 weeks and had major anxiety issues the first week I had to prick my finger.  My doctor had me doing it 6 times a day and I was just miserable.  After that, they did reduce it to 4 times a day but I had to do it thorugh the duration of the pregnancy.  They even check my blood sugar while in labor!!

I'd talk to your doctor so you can really understand the rules.  I never had a high number no matter what I ate, so there were a few times when I either forgot to test or missed my 2 hour mark.  Check the high risk board - there are tons of girls on there who have been diagnosed as well. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"