June 2012 Moms
Options

I hate when nurses don't listen

I don't want my first appt until I'm 10 weeks, I thought we'd do it on 11/9, it's our 7 year dating anniversary and 2 years prior we saw DS on u/s for the first time.

She's arguing with me that I'll be 12 weeks and that's too late.

I didn't ovulate until at LEAST day 24 so there is no way I would 12 weeks.  She would NOT believe me.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: I hate when nurses don't listen

• Options
    It's because they go off the standard wheel. Nurses and doctors actually aren't taught much when it comes to fertility. Sad, but true.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My doctor wants me for an US next Friday cause they think that's 7 weeks for me.  I tried to tel them it won't be, and they basically said that's OK, they start with the EDD off the LMP and then adjust as needed.
    Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMissButters:
    My doctor wants me for an US next Friday cause they think that's 7 weeks for me.  I tried to tel them it won't be, and they basically said that's OK, they start with the EDD off the LMP and then adjust as needed.

Same deal - I would be just 7 weeks according to lmp (miscarriage).  I am certainly not going to argue with an early u/s!  I just want it to be late enough to actually see something.

imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options

imageMissButters:

This! My nurse said they dont schedule 1st appt until 8 weeks. I explained I O late (though my BFP month wasn't that far off) and she still scheduled me "early". Oh well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hate that they don't acknowledge your chart.  They KNOW women don't always O on CD 14.  Makes no sense... 

I would call and try again in a few days.  Maybe they'll just give up and let you do what you want. 

BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
  • Options
    imageOO cupcakes OO:

I hate that they don't acknowledge your chart.  They KNOW women don't always O on CD 14.  Makes no sense... 

I would call and try again in a few days.  Maybe they'll just give up and let you do what you want. 

I just fibbed and said we would be on vacation.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    My doctor and nurse never listened to me with my DD so this time I told them the date I O'ed and told them I didn't know when my LMP was. That way they had to go by the correct date. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Most schedule based on last period date, and then when you go in and talk to your doc, if that date may be a wk or more off (such as longer cylces), then they may schedule an u/s to date.

My first appt is by my calcs: 7 wks, the doc office calcs: 8 1/2 wks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsCAA:

Most schedule based on last period date, and then when you go in and talk to your doc, if that date may be a wk or more off (such as longer cylces), then they may schedule an u/s to date.

My first appt is by my calcs: 7 wks, the doc office calcs: 8 1/2 wks.

yeah that wouldn't bother me.  Except your first appointment starts with an u/s then a dr visit.  I don't need a 5.5 week ultrasound

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"