2nd Trimester

FFFC

I think it's silly when people say they gained 50, 75 or 100lbs during pregnancy and they acutally expected it to "just fall off".

BFing or not 100lbs will not just fall off of anybody.  Sorry - just my opinion.  Some people can't help the amount the gain during pregancy and have to work really hard to lose the extra lbs after delivery.

I was fortunate to only gain about 25lbs last time and most of it really did just fall off while BFing.

This came about due to a post I read below. I hope don't end up offending someone.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• Agreed. Being pregnant doesn't mean eating for two literally. Pregnancy is not a food free-for-all and time to lay in bed 24/7. That will gain you weight. You should only be gaining 50+lbs if you're carrying multiples. It's recommended to only gain 35lbs. If you gain more after sincerely walking and being as active as possible [if not on bedrest] and eating healthy and adding the necessary 300 calories [which isn't much] then it happens. But for those who think you can be lazy and eat for 2, or 3, well that's not right and is actually unhealthy. As pregnant women we lose control of our bodies. We should eat what we can. My mom lost 60lbs with me. But gained 50 with my sister. She ate healthy both times. 
  • I lost 30lbs with DD and this time with DS ive gained almost 10 not my proudest moment lol. But i was on bedrest because i had gallbladder surgery so yah. BF does help after baby but to a point i only lost 7 lbs of 10 months of BFing. you dont want to eat like a pig and gain a bunch of weight that will cause health issues for you and the baby. not a good idea
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenonasimonsen:

I gained 100lbs with DS and never once thought it would "fall off"! Im not stupid and I worked my butt off trying to lose the weight after giving birth. I went back to the gym at 4 weeks PP and lost 0 lbs even tho I was BF. I got my thyroid checked 3 times and got checked for diabetes twice and nothing was wrong with me. My body has clung to the weight I gained and I have tried my hardest to get rid of it. I have lost 15 lbs thanks to horrible MS this time around and am not eating more than 600 calories a day.

Your post offended me.

You are pregnant and not eating more than 600 cals? I'm sorry but I need to call you out on this. This is extremely unhealthy and unwise. Pregnancy is not the time to lose weight. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand you want to get rid of weight from your previous pregnancy and I really sympathize with you, but do this after you give birth. You need to feed this unborn child. This is ridiculous. 

• I gained 80 pounds with my DD- I have always been naturally thin without trying- about 115, but going through IVF and all the hormones really affected me. I EBF till 14 months when she finally started accepting solids and then continued to nurse on demand until 2 1/2 years. I had lost all the 80 pounds by 7-8 months. It really DID fall off. I ate how I wanted and didn't exercise much. Everyones body is different. I maintained at 115 until this pregnancy. I anticipate gaining more than the 25-30 reccommended but hope being that I conceived naturally, it will be less than 80 pounds!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagemommy2be1991:
    Agreed. Being pregnant doesn't mean eating for two literally. Pregnancy is not a food free-for-all and time to lay in bed 24/7. That will gain you weight. You should only be gaining 50+lbs if you're carrying multiples. It's recommended to only gain 35lbs. If you gain more after sincerely walking and being as active as possible [if not on bedrest] and eating healthy and adding the necessary 300 calories [which isn't much] then it happens. But for those who think you can be lazy and eat for 2, or 3, well that's not right and is actually unhealthy. As pregnant women we lose control of our bodies. We should eat what we can. My mom lost 60lbs with me. But gained 50 with my sister. She ate healthy both times. 

That's extremely judgmental to assume every woman who gains that much is "lazy" & eats for "2 or 3". You are NOT a doctor, so don't even start with "you should only be gaining 50+lbs if you're carrying multiples". Why don't you try living 9 months with a thyroid issue & depression? Or maybe even spend it alone on bedrest like some women do? Let's see how YOU feel.

And for OP, obviously you offended some people. Yes, maybe we are sensitive about our weight. Welcome to pregnancy. 

FFFC: I'm 20 weeks pregnant & dieting because of women like you. 

• Whoa-Welcome to the mean side of the Bump. What is with some of you women? We are all pregnant and (I'm assuming) doing the best we can. Who cares how big you were when you got pregnant, who cares how much you lost or gained, or what you ate or didn't eat.  The best we can do is be as supportive as possible. None of  us are doctors (that I can tell) so we can't dish out advice as a hard and fast rule.  We do our best and we should be supportive of each other. 

Ladies--Eat the best you can and indulge every now and then.  Exercise when you can and as long as it's safe-Gain some weight and work it off later (at your own pace).  How about we try being nice to each other now?  I know this pregnancy stuff is scary enough, I just want some female support!

Sound good? :)

• imagewesterngirl91:

imagemommy2be1991:
    Agreed. Being pregnant doesn't mean eating for two literally. Pregnancy is not a food free-for-all and time to lay in bed 24/7. That will gain you weight. You should only be gaining 50+lbs if you're carrying multiples. It's recommended to only gain 35lbs. If you gain more after sincerely walking and being as active as possible [if not on bedrest] and eating healthy and adding the necessary 300 calories [which isn't much] then it happens. But for those who think you can be lazy and eat for 2, or 3, well that's not right and is actually unhealthy. As pregnant women we lose control of our bodies. We should eat what we can. My mom lost 60lbs with me. But gained 50 with my sister. She ate healthy both times. 

That's extremely judgmental to assume every woman who gains that much is "lazy" & eats for "2 or 3". You are NOT a doctor, so don't even start with "you should only be gaining 50+lbs if you're carrying multiples". Why don't you try living 9 months with a thyroid issue & depression? Or maybe even spend it alone on bedrest like some women do? Let's see how YOU feel.

And for OP, obviously you offended some people. Yes, maybe we are sensitive about our weight. Welcome to pregnancy. 

FFFC: I'm 20 weeks pregnant & dieting because of women like you. 

I'm not saying that every woman who gains weight is like that. If you are eating healthy and staying active then fine. Weight gain is normal and OUT OF OUR CONTROL. Keep eating the recommended calories and worry about it after the baby. But I have SEEN countless women with my own eyes eating literally double and that is unhealthy. I'm overweight too but I know this is not the time to manage my diet. I eat as healthy as possible and go for walks and exercise when I can. I will probably gain more weight than I should but if after doing everything possible, I'll accept it because it was for the BABY.  I said unless you are on bedrest. Obviously you will gain more on bedrest. And I really don't think you should be dieting, it's not good for your baby. But I'm not judging you, I was just giving my opinion. When you have a pregnant family member eating 3 big mac meals because she's pregnant and she can and you see what she goes through, then you would say the same. But for women who genuinely eat healthy and exercise weight gain is not in their control and I feel very out of control too and I have the impulse to diet but I stop myself because this baby needs to eat. I wish you all the best with your weight in pregnancy, it may not come off easy but it will eventually. I'm sorry if I came across in the wrong way or offended you but I was mentioning a certain group of people who do certain actions. If you are eating 4000+ calories a day, yes you should cut back. If you are eating under 1000 a day, then try to eat more, but don't force yourself if you're sick. But your doctor should know you're not eating enough. 

• imagenonasimonsen:
    imagemommy2be1991:
    imagenonasimonsen:

I gained 100lbs with DS and never once thought it would "fall off"! Im not stupid and I worked my butt off trying to lose the weight after giving birth. I went back to the gym at 4 weeks PP and lost 0 lbs even tho I was BF. I got my thyroid checked 3 times and got checked for diabetes twice and nothing was wrong with me. My body has clung to the weight I gained and I have tried my hardest to get rid of it. I have lost 15 lbs thanks to horrible MS this time around and am not eating more than 600 calories a day.

Your post offended me.

You are pregnant and not eating more than 600 cals? I'm sorry but I need to call you out on this. This is extremely unhealthy and unwise. Pregnancy is not the time to lose weight. This is absolutely ridiculous. I understand you want to get rid of weight from your previous pregnancy and I really sympathize with you, but do this after you give birth. You need to feed this unborn child. This is ridiculous. 

IT IS NOT BY CHOICE!!!! I have had horrible MS since 6 weeks, Zofran doesnt work, and I nibble on what I can keep down! I am NOT losing weight on purpose. I can not control my body and am trying to eat as much as I can. I eat healthy, im a vegetarian, and I always have and always will eat healthy. My body packed on the weight for DS even though I was eating normally (1200-1500 calories) (no MS with him) and working out 2- 3times a week. WIth this pregnancy I can hardly move out of bed. It just goes to show that EVERYONE is different and each pregnancy is different. Im not going to check back because you are getting me worked up and angry and you arnt even a person in my real life. just because your pregnancies and PPs were perfect doesnt mean everyone elses were. Good bye.

My pregnancy isn't perfect either. I gained 5 lbs in my first 6 weeks. Then I got really bad m/s JUST LIKE YOU and now I've lost 24lbs. I'm trying to gain some now but I'm still sick. I know what you're going through. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you but I thought you meant you were restricting your diet because you didn't want to gain a lot.  I really hope you feel better soon xoxo

• Wow...what does FFFC mean again?! Smile
  • imagemommy2be1991:
    imagenonasimonsen:
    imagemommy2be1991:
    imagenonasimonsen:

Your post offended me.

Way to change your tune because someone put you in your place.. 

IT IS NOT BY CHOICE!!!! I have had horrible MS since 6 weeks, Zofran doesnt work, and I nibble on what I can keep down! I am NOT losing weight on purpose. I can not control my body and am trying to eat as much as I can. I eat healthy, im a vegetarian, and I always have and always will eat healthy. My body packed on the weight for DS even though I was eating normally (1200-1500 calories) (no MS with him) and working out 2- 3times a week. WIth this pregnancy I can hardly move out of bed. It just goes to show that EVERYONE is different and each pregnancy is different. Im not going to check back because you are getting me worked up and angry and you arnt even a person in my real life. just because your pregnancies and PPs were perfect doesnt mean everyone elses were. Good bye.

My pregnancy isn't perfect either. I gained 5 lbs in my first 6 weeks. Then I got really bad m/s JUST LIKE YOU and now I've lost 24lbs. I'm trying to gain some now but I'm still sick. I know what you're going through. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you but I thought you meant you were restricting your diet because you didn't want to gain a lot.  I really hope you feel better soon xoxo

• Wow. Totally uncalled for rudeness and meanness. Grow up... 

"Way to change your tune because someone put you in your place.. "

I admitted I MISUNDERSTOOD her statement. Sorry I'm not as stubborn as you are. Never knew the Bump could be so mean. 

• So true!  You're not offending anybody.  It's just fact.  I'm eating whatever I want but I know that I'm going to have to work that much harder to get it off!  It could take a woman up to 3 times as long to lose the weight as it took her to gain it!  You don't get obese overnight, so it certainly won't just come off overnight.  I'm wondering if you can even notice results from BFing if you're not even exercising!  Probably not.  So women, start planning on how you'll take the lbs off after delivery and who will be babysitting while you do.
    CafeMom Tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"