D.C. Area Babies

bring stroller to zoo? Yay or Nay?

I've heard it's big and hilly, but I also heard there's a petting zoo of some sort for the youngins.  I'm assuming he would want to walk around for that?  What say the nesties/bumpies?

Re: bring stroller to zoo? Yay or Nay?

• I took my stroller both times i"ve taken DD to the zoo. i let her run around but it"s nice to have when she tires
  • Yeah, I would definitely bring a stroller. Or at least an Ergo or something. It could easily wear out a toddler. Keep in mind though - you can't take strollers in to a lot of the animal houses and they have "stroller parking". So, don't plan on leaving a lot of valuables in it and if you have a cheapie umbrella stroller, you might want to bring that instead of a more expensive model. I've not had problems with theft, I'm just sayin'.
  • Loading the player...
  • Strollers are not allowed in the buildings, so you have to park it outside if you want to go in the ape house or something. FYI - my friend works at the zoo and says some of the nicer strollers have been reported stolen in the past so just beware of that. And, don't leave your diaper bag or anything outside with your wallet/phone, etc. Usually it's fine and I've left my stroller outside but just something to keep in mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, definitely. By the end of a day at the zoo, I feel like *I* need a stroller so someone can push me. A day there can require a lot of walking.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagevtkendra:
    Yes, definitely. By the end of a day at the zoo, I feel like *I* need a stroller so someone can push me. A day there can require a lot of walking.

so true!

also, I wouldn't describe the zoo as "hilly". in reality it's one gianormous hill! we always park in the lot that's right off of Rock Creek Pkwy and start at the farm/petting zoo, then we go straight up to the top of the hill (it's quite a hike...I mean, unless you're an actually hiker--which I'm not). And then we take our time seeing everything on the way back down the hill 

• Def. bring the stroller. DS gets out and runs around but always gets back in-super helpful for all of his things too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I would bring it--it was helpful when we went a couple of weeks ago!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"