High-Risk Pregnancy

No longer on BR, delivery...copied from Jan 2012

Just wanted to update everyone.I woke up to my water breaking on the morning of September 29th at 4:30 am. Because of this I was moved immediately from anti-partum to labor and delivery and was hooked up to magnesium around 5:30am in order to attempt to stop the contractions which were about 2 min apart but not very strong. I spent 12hrs on Mag and this reduced the contractions to about 10-12 minutes apart and not very strong. After the mag treatment ended at 5:30pm, I stayed stable for a few hours and by 10pm I began active labor. 

The contractions because amazingly strong and really close together and we were at 4cm by 1am. 

My little miracle, Sofia Isabella, was born September 30th at 3:01am! She was 25weeks5days gestation. She weighs 1lb9oz and 13.25 inches. We had a med free vaginal delivery and she came out kicking like crazy! 

She was breathing on her own immediately after birth for a few minutes but was put on a ventilator. This afternoon she was breathing strong and she was weaned off and is now on cpap and we are so grateful that our little one is truly a fighter! Please keep is in your thoughts and prayers as this is just the beginning of a emotional roller coaster for us in the NICU. I know that she's a strong little girl but she will def be put to the test! 
Check out our blog of Sofia's progress... www.FisforFam.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Visit The Nest! image

Re: No longer on BR, delivery...copied from Jan 2012

• Congratulations on your newest blessing! Prayers are with y'all through your hospital stay... I know firsthand, it's frustrating at times, but these babies are stronger than we could ever be!
    Kaitlyn: 1/99... Rylie: 3/01... Holden: 2/10 - 7/11... Carter: EDD 1/12
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Our Journey
  • Congrats!  T&Ps for you and little Sofia.  She's a fighter and she will show you that every day.  GL.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds like you have a fighter on your hands. Thoughts and well wishes for you and your baby girl.
  • Good luck and congrats to you! You have a strong LO that will do a great job.
    Adalynn, Brynn and Elena born October 13th, 2011! They were our triplet surprise and everyday is a blessing. Brynn Victoria was born 3lbs 7oz 16", Adalynn Louise born 3lbs 6oz 16 3/4" and Elena Marie born 3lbs 10oz.
  • Congrats on the birth of your daughter!! Sending lots of T&P to your family and Sofia. Sounds like she is proving how strong she is already! Take care of yourself and keep us updated! I'd love to see some pictures Smile
    Married 8.4.07
    BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
    BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
    BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

• Awwww!  Congrats on your little miracle!  I'll definitely be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers over the coming weeks.  I know it's going to be a long road ahead, but it sounds like you have a real little fighter on your hands!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats Momma!  I hope little Sofia has an easy road ahead (and you as well)!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I am hospitalized at UNC but if you need anything at all, my family would be more than willing to help out. 
    BabyName Ticker
  • Congrats to you and your strong LO, many thoughts and prayers to you and your family! Keep us posted!

• T&P for your LO, so glad she came out so strong and fighting... I'm sure she will do wonderfully! I will be praying for peace and comfort for you and your family while you are trying to remain calm and strong over the next few weeks of her stay. Speedy recovery to you and lots of strength and determination for you beautiful blessing!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will keep you and your little one in my t&ps. Happy to hear she is a figher and off the ventilator.
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • T&P for you and your sweet little Sofia.
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congratulations.  Thinking good thoughts and hoping for a very short uncomplicated NICU stay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"