Nurseries and Baby Gear

Jogging strollers other than BOB - are you happy with it?

I'm not a runner runner. But I would like to go on jogs with the baby every now and then, and having the option of having a more all-terrain stroller (we plan on our main stroller being the Britax B-Agile).

So far everyone raves about the BOB, but are there options I should be considering given the steep price tag on the BOB ($450+)?  I have my shower coming up so I thought I'd figure this out before I add it to my registry.

Also, should I just wait until the baby is older to by a BOB used?  When can I start using it for jogging?

What jogging stroller do you have and do you like it?  Wish you had gotten the BOB?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jogging strollers other than BOB - are you happy with it?

• I don't even know if the Bob was out when we got our Chariot (1997 - single and 2003 - double). I don't know if we would have purchased it, we cycle as well and the Bob wasn't as versatile for our needs. I have been using our current Chariot (Cougar) since 2003 and it is in fantastic shape. I love the adjustable suspension, has lots of room, accesories, and can hold larger/older children.

On most jogging strollers, it will tell you that it is recommended to wait until at least 6 months or more. Smooth surfaces are probably fine, as long as their heads aren't being bounced around (shaken baby and such). $450 isn't bad, there's nothing wrong with sticking it on your registry, if you don't get it, then you can always look for it used. And given the price tag on the Chariot, the Bob is a lot easier to take (mine with current acc. is $1200 new). Used single Bob strollers in our area go for around $250. Yours may be less.

• The family I nanny for has 3 different Jeep Strollers (different models) and they are all pretty dang cool. Great jogging strollers! The prices range fro $170 to $800 depending on what features you are looking for and how new the model is. I highly recommend checking them out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my Joovy Zoom. It's a really smooth ride. I have the fixed wheel since I run a lot, but for an occasional runner the swivel might be more versatile.
  • Just keep in mind, just because the stroller has the word "jogger" in the name of it doesn't mean you can jog with it.  Many strollers are called "joggers" but when you read about it, it will say, not for jogging.  The Jeep is one of them.  So if you are really going to jog, make sure you get one that you can jog with.
    Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • imagesosoph:
    I love my Joovy Zoom. It's a really smooth ride. I have the fixed wheel since I run a lot, but for an occasional runner the swivel might be more versatile.

This.  We love ours too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"