January 2012 Moms
Options

Yay! Passed my glucose test! +1 for the plus size gals! (warning: contains gloating)

So my doctor has tried real hard to be an a$$ about the fact I'm overweight. Except that I have no health problems for him to pick on...my bp is perfectly 118/70 every time it's been checked and I've only gained 7 lbs so far. My baby is even measuring perfectly, a model child compared to all the growth chart. Despite all this, every time I've had a checkup, he's made some remark along the lines of "We'll deal with it after we see your glucose test results."

Guess what? I passed my GTT, with a 73 (cutoff was 140). Booyah! I knew I was going to pass, because my whole life I've actually had issues with low blood sugar, but it's nice to have that validation. I can't wait until I see him on Wednesday to force him to start talking to me about the natural birth I want (he's been using my weight and his assumption that I'll have GD to avoid the topic).

Proof that not all overweight people are unhealthy. I've been a bigger girl my entire life, but I have a great diet, I exercise, I have no issues whatsoever, never have (except for low blood sugar, but that's manageable, it's not enough for me to be diabetic). I am amazingly happy right now!

Anniversary
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Yay! Passed my glucose test! +1 for the plus size gals! (warning: contains gloating)

• Options
    Yay!!!!!!!!!! That's great!!!! Score 1 for the plus size girls. You'll have to let me know what he says at your appt Wednesday. I'd love to see his face when he reads your chart.
  • Options
    that's great news!
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol gloat away!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lol good for you!!
    I was scared about not passing because of my weight even though no one in my family has had it nor blood sugar issues in general but my doctor has never expressed concern- and I've gained 20lbs now!
    Boo to your doctor.

• Options
    WooHoo!!! Congrats on passing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on passing.  My midwives made me take the test early at 12 weeks because I am overweight and I passed it with flying colors.  I still have to take it again at 28 weeks, but ever since then they haven't given me any guff about my weight.

My little goofball born 1/2012
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

yay for passing!!

I'd smack the doctor if I was you!  My doc has been really cool about the whole thing, despite me gaining 6lbs in 4weeks, but I lost it already, it was stress related, my grandmas funeral was the day before the appointment.   She didn't say anything to me that time, but I think she was thinking OMG, we just talked about not gaining too much at once, but since she never said anything I didn't explain.  I'm sure when I have my next appt and it goes down, she'll ask what was up and I'll tell her.  I'm just glad she's understanding!

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker married 4/19/2008
  • Options
    lol great job.  It always feels good to shove something (that's a good thing) in someone's face. Horrible to say but it's true :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay for pwnage of judgey doctor!
  • Options
    That is awesome!!
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    Awesome!! Congrats! I didn't think being overweight had anything to do with passing your GTT - my 2 sister in laws (who are extremely thin) BOTH failed their 1 hour  & 1 of them failed her 3 hour (with BOTH her pregnancies) ....
    imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Awesome!  Yay for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options

imageF&G777:
    Awesome!! Congrats! I didn't think being overweight had anything to do with passing your GTT - my 2 sister in laws (who are extremely thin) BOTH failed their 1 hour  & 1 of them failed her 3 hour (with BOTH her pregnancies) ....

Exactly. I don't know how a doctor can be so judgmental, when it's obvious not all fat people are diabetic, and not all diabetic people are fat. Especially when it comes to GD, which is very different.

Anniversary
  • Options
    That's awesome news :)
  • Options

Congrats!!! I don't know why doctors or people in general assume that because we are plus size that we are going to have every disease and complication. We can be very healthy. There's a lot of thin girls that get GD.

JA!! rub it in your doctor's face LOL sorry!! but he reminds me of my first OB he was being horrible about my weight so we decided to change, my new doctor has never said anything bad, she told me I had to have the glucose test just as anybody else. I'll go in less than two weeks, really nervous because I want to pass.

image image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"